Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Ninja Assassin with the Most Mackinest SG Wave

Afun

BS, don't forget about driving the boat listed vs straight/balanced...that was a big one for me

I will try listed this season...so many things to do, it's exciting!

Cause its gonna handle sooo mush better right?

My 2 cents....I ran as much weight as I could in my listed 09 VLX, water was running well over the rubrail when we surfed. That felt sketchier than what I am doing now. I can safely run more weight now with the SG and hands down the VLX SG wave dominates my listed VLX wave.

Tard

Adjective used to describe one so retarded, they do not deserve the 're'

For Christ's sake, Ben, you freakin' tard!

by Dave hucklesby November 15, 2003

2912 549

Buy “Tard” mugs & shirts

My 2 cents....I ran as much weight as I could in my listed 09 VLX, water was running well over the rubrail when we surfed. That felt sketchier than what I am doing now. I can safely run more weight now with the SG and hands down the VLX SG wave dominates my listed VLX wave.

THIS POST SPEAKS VOLUMES!

Fman: Here's Ruffdog's listed 05Vride wave, from our first ride of the year yesterday. Not the best photos, but I think they're probably a good representation of the wave. Nice and firm, no problems getting off the lip. Could be a bit longer with a bigger hull, but I think it's maxed out for the SV21. In the one pic I'm not as far back as I could be and (using the 52" board as reference) I'd have to say the board is 12'-16' back from the swimstep? ish?

mikes2_zps56b93282.jpg

mikes_zps8d93b83f.jpg

• Like 2

How deep is your man crush? Does your wife know?

Do you have to stoop this low? It's just Surfgate man....Surfgate has done nothing to you....and yes...I still enjoy your contribution

I do . Next thing you know you'll be stealing his underwear just to get a sniff during those "private moments".

Its one thing to give the guy props.......

I have solved the surf gate non surf gate issue. The other day I had a buddy of mine hold a sheet of plywood over the edge down in the water while I was driving. He had a hard time holding on, but I could not tell that much difference in the wave. Of course we probably should not have used a full sheet of plywood. So I say based on sig sigma water testing it doesn't make much of a difference.

I also made a sick wave for my rubber ducky in the tub last night, just saying it was epic!

I do . Next thing you know you'll be stealing his underwear just to get a sniff during those "private moments".Its one thing to give the guy props.......

If I had a pair of ovaries, I would probably be knocked up.....while surfing my super awesome SG wave

Driving a boat ain't rocket science - yes, even a weighted one in choppy water. I think you guys overplay the boat driving experience thing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He has industry ties to a few guys at Centurion. I knew that was coming.

Small spoiler here. Keep your eye out for Centurion. I am predicting major changes over there in the next few years.

If what I think will happen does. I'm going that direction too.

• Like 1

Fman: Here's Ruffdog's listed 05Vride wave, from our first ride of the year yesterday. Not the best photos, but I think they're probably a good representation of the wave. Nice and firm, no problems getting off the lip. Could be a bit longer with a bigger hull, but I think it's maxed out for the SV21. In the one pic I'm not as far back as I could be and (using the 52" board as reference) I'd have to say the board is 12'-16' back from the swimstep? ish?

mikes2_zps56b93282.jpg

mikes_zps8d93b83f.jpg

Looks nice! especially for a 21' boat with a 93.5" beam... :thumbup: How much weight was he running in the boat?

Edited by Fman
  • Like 1

Im moving back to Lake Anna here in a couple months. Best buddies there now have a 2014 FX44 and the other a 2014 244 Enzo and the other the 2013 233? Enzo. about to be immersed in Enzo surf. we'll see if the hype is substantiated compared to my setup.

• Like 2

If ALL you ever do is surf, it's hard to argue with that.

Accept for the fact that the only decent looking boat they have is the 244 and the interiors are lame. I mean they feel solid, but in the design aspect they are very poor and not up to par with most the rest of the industry at this point. Have you seen the dash and driver controls? Hideous, but the reps will tell you it sooo functional.

Accept for the fact that the only decent looking boat they have is the 244 and the interiors are lame. I mean they feel solid, but in the design aspect they are very poor and not up to par with most the rest of the industry at this point. Have you seen the dash and driver controls? Hideous, but the reps will tell you it sooo functional.

Only thing worse than the dash is the handling.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!

Afun........ A Green Horn??????

I feel violated!

props on busting your cherry on a VLX though! I busted mine on a 1992 wellcraft eclipse. Your a bigger man then I (theoretically speaking of course)

Edited by Rmack