Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Ninja Assassin with the Most Mackinest SG Wave

Afun

Yeah all the ones still in Cuba.

I had too, and ftr no I do not have anything against Cubans. :cheers: Sacs look good, anything in the bow?

Stock ballast in the bow plus the 1000 pound triangle Fly High

And you should have something against Cubans...1 weekend with me will change your mind

Edited by Afun
  • Like 2

Stock ballast in the bow plus the 1000 pound triangle Fly High

And you should have something against Cubans...1 weekend with me will change your mind

:rockon: , although I wonder why you put so much effort into ballasting your boat, clearly your only half a season away from an LSV.

• Like 2

Did you name your boat, "The Tanto", cause that might kill you. I hope we never come across a flotsam of Sperry's and relatively unworn t-shirts.

Install does look good, I think you'll have a good go with all that. Have you propped the Tanto down yet?

As for the Cuban thing and having a good time, no doubt. Every time I went out with my Cuban or Dominican friends I'd wake up the next day broke, confused, and in pain. Good times.

Holy outrageous fill time. I'm betting 18-20 minutes.

Wow, that's pretty good. I would be happy! Going with a dedicated pump...we're looking at 5 minute fill time?

Lol. Pretty happy to be able to fill in 20 minutes? The road you are headed down is exactly where the benefits of surfgate are completely diminished. Doesn't make sense

With two dedicated fill pumps/drain pumps per bag you may be looking at 5 minute fill times.

Beyond that, how much inboard driving experience do you have? That setup, with another 1k in the front WILL be extremely challenging to drive. Not while surfing, but when you come off plane and attempt to pick up a fallen rider. I recommend you get out early before anyone elses wakes can possibly sink your boat.

The VLX does not exactly have a lot of freeboard, and with that much bow weight you will be asking to submarine her. Just be careful. Last thing we wanna hear is the story of the killer wave and sunk boat.

I hear you loud and clear! Finished bracing the engine compartment walls today. I will be taking off the 1235 tomorrow (no torch, lol). Hopefully in two week time with the new prop in hand we could see what this PNP system could do. I am excited!

I haven't diminished the benefits of Surfgate because I am taking a few more minutes to fill. I am driving the boat slammed but not sideways. I could switch it up to goofy and standard. I could learn how to do a transition. If I could get a wave like RayRays, that's all I need.

Edited by Afun

Looks good man, you'll have to post wake pics.

Thank CJAY. Can't wait to do the Go Pro with some funky music in the background

Wow! Is that a custom sac on both sides? You boat on Norris, right? I'd like to see that wake!!

This will be a Norris Year!!

Thank CJAY. Can't wait to do the Go Pro with some funky music in the background

This will be a Norris Year!!

I'd like to see the wake too. Just not near my dock...