Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Ninja Assassin with the Most Mackinest SG Wave

Afun

^^^I think partially because he takes it and dishes it in good fun. This thread is far more enjoyable than my day job.

Oh, I completely agree. Me love Me some good Afun posts!!! Main reason why I want to visit Knoxville and go boarding!

Edited by Rmack

^^^I think partially because he takes it and dishes it in good fun. This thread is far more enjoyable than my day job.

Exactly....because it's entertaining!!! In all seriousness Cory....anything else you want besides the pictures and videos...maybe some coffee...a beer

...hence the new title

Edited by Afun

I'm missing the "special" circumstance here. Sure he's running a lot of weight, sure he's beyond the boats limits and sure it's going to handle like a barge but it's not like this is the first time. I'm guessing a lot of the warnings are coming because he's a relatively new surfer but I'm sure he can judge and make alterations for himself when he first experiences it. It's just going to be a grossly exaggerated version of what he ran last year.

Anyone have an estimate on what an equivalent listed weight would be? I've run 2500+ above stock in the VTX listed. At that point the powertrain was more of the limiting problem. It was difficult sure, but I wouldn't hesitate to hand the controls over to any of the experienced drivers at half that weight.

My verdict, go have fun Afun, I hope you find the wave your looking for ropeless or not. The only warning I'll give you is don't get upset if it's not all its cracked up to be out of the gate, give it a few tries and play around until you find what you like. Regardless of how much weight you have the wave is going to change from day to day.

"Exactly....because it's entertaining!!! In all seriousness Cory....anything else you want besides the pictures and videos...maybe some coffee...a beer"

I'm fond of Guinness. My coffee is still warm, so I'm good on that front.

Edited by Cory

I think our next trip back to TN won't be until June 2015 for the CMA Music Festival (you have to buy tickets a year in advance to get good seats and hotels). I might just drive out to Knoxville to claim my free beer.

Central Flats and Taps....has the best Guinness pour in Knoxville....I drank 52 pints in Ireland in 5 days....10 a day!

in all seriousness, I heard drinking to much "real" Guinness can turn your poop black. Any truth?

Be safe of course, but I fail to see why people are reacting like this is some kind of extraordinary weight. The factory plug and play system on an axis is within 1000#s of Afun's setup. I ran that without even a high altitude prop with the monsoon (350) with no problem even wakeboarding. It wasn't that hard to drive and the axis sits every bit as low as a new VLX. I fail to see the issue. I do want a ninja suit picture though.

Be safe of course, but I fail to see why people are reacting like this is some kind of extraordinary weight. The factory plug and play system on an axis is within 1000#s of Afun's setup. I ran that without even a high altitude prop with the monsoon (350) with no problem even wakeboarding. It wasn't that hard to drive and the axis sits every bit as low as a new VLX. I fail to see the issue. I do want a ninja suit picture though.

Oh Snap!! We got ourselves a thread now with OCHOCINCO!! The only one missing now is BS, then it will be an all out war....lol Edited by Afun

Afun, it would be interesting to see the listed wave you can achieve versus the surfgate wave. You certainly have the ballast capability for both

Never thought about that.....

Never thought about that.....

I bet it would throw a sick listed wave with some effort. Wouldn't be able to switch sides on the fly but it would be interesting nonetheless....

I bet it would throw a sick listed wave with some effort. Wouldn't be able to switch sides on the fly but it would be interesting nonetheless....

Fill everything including the listed side and leave the other big bag empty?

Fill everything including the listed side and leave the other big bag empty?

I am far from an expert on achieving a listed surf wave. Maybe some pre surf gate Bu owners can chime in on how to create a stellar listed wave?

That would be really interesting, I agree. Especially if you can acheive Ray Ray's "most mackinest" surfgate super wave. I'd just wonder what's possible listed, ESPECIALLY as it relates to fuel burn rate.

That would be really interesting, I agree. Especially if you can acheive Ray Ray's "most mackinest" surfgate super wave. I'd just wonder what's possible listed, ESPECIALLY as it relates to fuel burn rate.

I'd be curious about the fuel burn rate as well but doubt there'd be enough effort put in to get accurate results. I know its possible, I'd just be too lazy to do it the proper way.

I'd guess the SG would burn more fuel as it's making two waves and just leaving one clean where as the listed is really concentrating all the displacement to one side. Any thoughts?

Also +1 for the ninja pic!

Facetious Anyone?

I'd be curious about the fuel burn rate as well but doubt there'd be enough effort put in to get accurate results. I know its possible, I'd just be too lazy to do it the proper way.

I'd guess the SG would burn more fuel as it's making two waves and just leaving one clean where as the listed is really concentrating all the displacement to one side. Any thoughts?

Also +1 for the ninja pic!

Sounds like I have to go out there with a notepad and pen...