Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Ninja Assassin with the Most Mackinest SG Wave

Afun

I am always the hater.... sure. I bet I have ridden more Surfgate equipped boats than most you owners. I don't hate it at all. I just know better than to believe everything I see on the internet. Is that so wrong?

I have openly commented on the new 23 and my perspective of its performance here, heck the video of me RIDING the 23 LSV was the local dealers biggest sales tool at the last boat show, How do I know? He told me and introduced me to a family he used the video with . Also got a thumbs up from Loomis (area sales rep) for that one.

Keep on labeling me, you think I care?

Your the one that looks dumb contradicting all the "positives" of the it with your "new" setup.

Afun, on 26 Feb 2014 - 1:33 PM, said:

I always enjoyed those videos. What was the exact set-up?

Thanks! I am trying to put together some more vids, I have all this footage from the last half of the summer and haven't had the time to put some together.

Here is my setup:

All MLS full

2 custom "enzo style" Approximate Weight 2400 lbs full

1000 sac in the bow - may fill half way

Wedge - all the way down ( sometimes a click or two up if you want a little steeper face)

Speed 11.4

Prop Acme 2315

This will be the exact setup. My crew of a couple of guys have been driving my boat with the triangle sac full. Thanks for all the heads up. I know she rides pretty low. We only surf on the boat and have about 65 hours of experience. Looking forward to it. Very excited!

Thanks for the contribution...you're awesome!

Here is a contribtuion - what tricks are you going to learn this summer. Are you going to push yourself to do more than just break the board loose a couple times a run or are really going to push yourself to get to the level in those videos.

You certainly have a desire to have the best wave out there / what about your desire to do more than ride ropeless and float up and down the wave.

I got my list written down - do you?

I am always the hater.... sure. I bet I have ridden more Surfgate equipped boats than most you owners. I don't hate it at all. I just know better than to believe everything I see on the internet. Is that so wrong?

I have openly commented on the new 23 and my perspective of its performance here, heck the video of me RIDING the 23 LSV was the local dealers biggest sales tool at the last boat show, How do I know? He told me and introduced me to a family he used the video with . Also got a thumbs up from Loomis (area sales rep) for that one.

Keep on labeling me, you think I care?

Your the one that looks dumb contradicting all the "positives" of the it with your "new" setup.

Take it easy. Your contribution to this online community is very valuable. You just get a little pompous when posting from time to time. That happens to people that have a vast amount of knowledge.

• Like 3

Afun,

Don't get wadded up about people having negative comments. You have to have thick skin when posting here. And really, there is quite a bit to learn from these posts. One thing I have learned in life, when I think I have a good idea, I go right to the person that I know will try and rip it apart. Hope you get it dialed in just the way you want it!

Afun,

Don't get wadded up about people having negative comments. You have to have thick skin when posting here. And really, there is quite a bit to learn from these posts. One thing I have learned in life, when I think I have a good idea, I go right to the person that I know will try and rip it apart. Hope you get it dialed in just the way you want it!

Hence the change in title of the thread....

"WOW" How entertaining is this thread.If we all had the same opinion it would be boring.So keep up the good work.CheersSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entertaining and Afun are synonymous!

Afun, maybe I missed it... what exactly is your total ballast configuration in each locker and the bow? what is your pump configuration to fill everything?

Edited by Fman

Afun, maybe I missed it... what exactly is your total ballast configuration in each locker and the bow?

I have to estimate the custom sacs, they did not come with a weight attached. Between both maybe a total 2400 lbs, full stock ballast, and fly high triangle bow sac...I may not fill that one all the way

Are you filling with PnP or Johnson pumps? What size bow sac did you end going with?

I am going to try PNP for now. If it's really terrible which I don't think it will be, I will upgrade to those Johnson reversibles. It's the Fly High Triangle 1000 lb sack.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the pics of the wave, just make sure and experiment on a calm day on the water, 1000 lbs in the bow + hard tank is a lot of bow weight. Do you know what configuration RayRay was running on his VLX?

Looking forward to seeing the pics of the wave, just make sure and experiment on a calm day on the water, 1000 lbs in the bow + hard tank is a lot of bow weight. Do you know what configuration RayRay was running on his VLX?

RayRay has the same exact configuration...the only difference is he runs a 750 sac in the bow. I have been running that 1000 lb sac full to the top all of last season. Maybe with the additional weight in the rear, I should be careful with that much bow weight. I embraced the side walls already. I removed the 1235 prop today with a prop puller. All I need is the 2315.

Afun it looks great. I love how you have up to 4600 lbs and the cabin is completely clear, no sacks on seats or floor. Only the bow has a sack but that is fairly standard these days.

I read this thread and can not believe all the comments about the weight you have. It is at max 4600 lbs…. that really is not that much in comparison to a lot of guys set ups. Granted, most of the 5000 lbs plus set ups are for wakeboarding, but its the same weight in similar areas. Look at my profile picture, that is a 22' boat with 5000 lbs in it, very similar in weight distribution as yours. No big deal. Yours is a 21' 6" boat right? Same thing basically. You obviously did your homework to get the wave you want, and you are not the only one doing it that way. You will have to learn how to drive your boat… a little bit differently maybe, but maybe not. I can completely chop my throttle and I will not take water over my bow (save a rogue roller). I just can't believe all the girls on here stressing out over things that will most likely not happen. It's a boat, if you take on water, you have a bilge pump to get it out. No big deal.

Go shred and take pictures and video… and do nothing but slaysh while holding the rope the whole time while listening to the song "Danger Zone" on repeat :D

• Like 3

^^^^^I love that freakin song...Top Gun...you kidding me Iceman, Maverick...jets, motorcycle, hot blonde...it's going on my playlist

Your A22 looks awesome slammed!

Edited by Afun
  • Like 1

Body Slammed!

And the good news is that using water for ballast means the boat won't *sink*, it will only founder. Throw a few hundred pounds of lead in for ballast, and that changes things.

Thanks for that photo, Bobby. I'm sure it has a story....