Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Ninja Assassin with the Most Mackinest SG Wave

Afun

Just watched it again, the video is pretty dark so it is hard to get any definition on the shape of yours. It looks clean and nice just hard to tell the shape. Getting a rider on it will help, looks good though!

And all the power to you for slamming the boat, I haven't personally seen any gate wakes but it looks like it takes a lot of weight to get them nice and big.

Edited by rychuk

Your VLX is sweet! that is a killer color scheme... Mine with approx same weight sat just about the same on the water. Not as low as I was anticipating...

Surf on my friend...

• Like 2

Your VLX is sweet! that is a killer color scheme... Mine with approx same weight sat just about the same on the water. Not as low as I was anticipating...

Surf on my friend...

Thank you. I will probably have a video on here of me attempting to do some aerials on my Soulcraft. Still learning as this is my second season. Tomorrow...Stay Tuned... Edited by Afun

Yep, that we wake looks really nice... Wow, do you surf with the Sperry' s on? :-) did you notice a difference going with the new ballast setup?

No Sperrys in the water, thank you very much. The biggest difference was the power at the very back of the wave. The wave also increased in length and feels it has a better lip to it. The lip feeling could just be the Soulcraft.

Boat and wave look good. Happy surfing!!! Does everyone surf goofy in your group? How is the regular wave?

Everyone is goofy...weird. The standard improved big time. Let's see if I could get a video out here. I was very surprised.

The wave does look flat compared to the video that you posted from RayRay. Most likely due to camera difference. Wide angle camera like GoPro will make it look larger. Funny thing is none of this really matters. Wave size does not always equate to good push or a fun ride. That is the main problem with all these type of discussions based on pictures or videos.

I am sure that you will have a great year surfing on your boat this year.

Bingo.

That's why it's so informative to see someone ride the thing. Not only does it give you perspective, but you can see what the board is doing under foot, what the rider is having to do in certain areas of the wave to keep the board surfing, what maneuvers are possible on which parts of the wave, etc.

Hadn't watched that 247 vid in a long while, but seeing it instantly reminded me of how freaking powerful and firm that wave is, just by how the board was behaving. Thing is a beast.

Nah......that'd just cut into your Columbia House style, new-board-a-month subscription :lol:

Come on now - you and I both know that a "poor golfer always blames his tools". New surf board every month, new driver every month - bout the same IMO