Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Ninja Assassin with the Most Mackinest SG Wave

Afun

BS, I completely understand this. This is exactly why I told you to chime in on the thread. I appreciate all the words, debate, and opinions. That's why I am usually provacative with the titles. It's fun engaging everyone into these conversations. I think this online community gets me through my work day sometimes. THE ONE THING YOU CAN'T IGNORE IS...THEIR ARE HATERS AMONG US.

I completely agree with you on the haters Afun. But it seems like haters of the 2014 Official "The Malibu Crew.Com" group towel buy. What's up with you haters?

I actually hope to meet you one day Afun! It could get dangerous on the water. I'm actually known as the Metro Detroit Assistant to the "The Ninja Assassin with the Most Mackinest SG Wave" by proxy.

Great thread though, I'm having a bunch of fun with this. Who knew that it would be 12 pages. This has to be some kind of record.

Edited by Rmack

Out of all the threads on this forum, I have not seen any hate on the potential for a good wave with this set up. Concern about driving around with lots of weight, yes. Questions about benefit of SG when you have to run 4000 pounds of weight, yes. All valid points.

This thread is all sizzle and no beef without pictures of the Afun Tug sending rollers onto TN shores...

Edit: Did I mentioned to keep a camera rolling?

It freakin snowing here today

• Like 2

C'mon man. Man up. We got our first set in yesterday.........and we're all the way up here in rainy OR-e-gone. :lol:

Still missing the 2315, and ballast fittings are on order

Still missing the 2315, and ballast fittings are on order

Gotcha. Well I guess all that's left to do is to get yourself a bag o milk, cut the corner, kick the sperry's up .......and wait for the UPS guy.

Either that OR.....

Start another thread. :rockon:

How many pages did the shirt off-sperrys-launch ramp-almost fight thread go? This one could set a new personal best for Afun!

Honestly that amount of weight will be fine, just be careful driving. My buddy had 1100lbs bags in his axis lockers on top of stock, plus the 900lbs bow sack. So he was running 4k in ballast and never had any issues where we thought he was going to sink the boat. This is a guy who always is the life of the party and had 10-12 people on his boat regularly when sacked out. I'm not saying he planed out well, but there was never a time where anyone felt they were in danger of sinking, that includes the many many times he dunked the bow and took on standing inches of water in the boat.

The bottom line is: There is absolutely a difference between a guy with 50 hours experience and a guy with 2000 hours of boating experience. What that difference is and what you think it's worth is up to you to decipher. Again, all I was saying was that your limited experience is why you were getting the responses you were. :thumbup:

I'm not saying this to argue with you, but we ll know someone who has been boating their whole life, and we wonder how they have survived and not manage to sink or kill someone. Very often the more experience the better, but not always the case. Maybe Afun has a natural knack for driving :dontknow:

Edited by wakebrdr94

I'm not saying this to argue with you, but we ll know someone who has been boating their whole life, and we wonder how they have survived and not manage to sink or kill someone. Very often the more experience the better, but not always the case. Maybe Afun has a natural knack for driving :dontknow:

I know exactly what you mean but your suggesting that we assume everyone is an expert driver and give everyone the thumbs up. I would rather err the side of caution and assume the worst.

Giving advice all willy nilly is risky like parking next to a gold colored Buick in front of the bingo parlor is risky. Assume the worst.

Edited by Ruffdog

My buddy with the axis, referenced above, was definitely not the best driver when he owned that boat, and he never came close to sinking it. I do have a friend who has boated for ever and won't put any weight in his bow becasue he swamps it with a foot of water every time he stops to turn around to pick up a surfer. He just doesn't listen or learn to wait for the wave to pass him.

• Like 2

No way was I implying everyone is an expert. I think most are morons behind a boat wheel, not knowing the rules and complete disregard for them. I'm merely saying experience does not always mean more skillful or more knowledgeable.

I would be willing to bet it equates (time and experience) to most of us on this site, but not all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by wakebrdr94

Driving is easy...so long as youre willing to watch and learn and pay attention and the people teaching you will tell it like it is. 20 years ago i was a kid used to driving hack wakeboarders then i started driving an open division barefooter, including jump. Nothing, and i mean nothing will get your attention as to how serious driving a ski boat is until your jump splits are off by 6 inches with a barefooter hitting a ramp at 45. Those chews were the best thing that ever happened to me. 20 years later if im driving anything i take it just as dead serious. If theres people in yalls crew who refuse to listen the very best thing for them is to lay the smack down as to how serious this stuff is. Good news is that once someone sees how serious this stuff is, a weighted boat is really no big deal.

I was forced into paying attention at a very young age. I grew up on boats and my father was injured badly in a boating accident where they were not paying attention and goofing off. It was instilled in me that you must always be on your toes because most of the time, others aren't. My friends don't like it, especially when their new to boating. They call me the boat nazi. I even have a rule book. Not really a book, more like a long list, actually more like a scroll.