Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

EVOLUTION COVERS.........lets see pics

srt

Yep, the guy does a great job. Mines almost 9 yrs old. The back straps have all been replaced, but the buckles & drawstring is all original. I've had a tear repaired locally a few years ago, and this winter had it professionally cleaned. This spring I'll apply some 303 protectant on it & expect it to be as good as new. I tow with it on & the boat fully loaded all the time. The thing has held up great. And everytime I talk to Cory he tells me if I need anything done on it, he'd be glad to help. Two thumbs way up!

20130217_103101_zps95e72271.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Wow 9 years running strong.................good job!

I'm glad the Bu crew referred me to him. I was going to go with the "other" competition but went with Cory after I talk with him.

But these are my favorites... we were at Shasta on a houseboat in June 2012 (the trip you see us en route to above). One evening with almost no warning it begins to sprinkle. My buddy and I hustled down to put the covers on our respective boats (he has an '04 Response LXI). Because the boat was in the water I wasn't able to get the cover on as securely as usual (look closely at pics below). I figured no big deal since I didn't expect the rain to last long...

... it poured all through the night!

The next morning there was no puddling whatsoever and no water inside the boat. That Sunbrella material is something special, and I love how tight Cory makes the fit. The water just rolls right off.

IMG_0016_zpsa42f294c.jpg

IMG_0015_zpsea4be114.jpg

IMG_0014_zpsbbf4bc13.jpg

IMG_0013_zps4c97385d.jpg

IMG_0012_zpsb6e88ee4.jpg

Got one right at the end of last season, only put it on for about a week before we had it shrink wrapped, but it's light years better than the cover we had before. Can't wait to use it this Summer and open up to a dry boat, instead of wet carpets and puddles in the lockers.

***ADVISORY -- I am NOT Cory of Evolution covers -- that is a different Cory***

I've been in very preliminary discussions with the other Cory to have him make a cover that velcro's around just the chrome tubes for towing purposes. If you look at my picture above, you will notice it was getting prepped for a long trip to eastern WA. It was clean and shinny, so I didn't want to get to Osoyoos and have a tower that was nothing but bug road kill after all that work cleaning. I plastic wrapped the tower to prevent a crime scene from occuring. But, it takes a lot of time to wrap a tower, and inevitably, if you don't do it well it shreds after a couple hours of freeway time. Only the leading edge of the tower gets splattered (I have rack covers and speaker covers).

So my thought was getting two custom velcro tube covers that cover the SS tubes (leading edge tube and tow hoop tube) that can be put on and removed quickly. Think of those padded handle bar covers on your bmx bike when you were a kid (or perhaps you still ride your bmx bike as an adult???). Cory is local for me, so I could drop my boat off with him to create the template. He is a very busy guy (everyone loves his covers), so not sure if he'll be able to fit the project in this spring or not. Also waiting to hear his estimated cost of the project, so that could kill it too.

Edited by Cory

I like the idea Cory. But it sounds like a lot of work and money. Is it worth it compared to just taking a bottle of Windex and a microfiber to those chrome parts when you arrive at your destination? I find that stuff wipes down pretty easily. Probably easier to wipe the chrome off than it will be to wash a big piece of Sunbrella covered in bug guts.

I like the idea Cory. But it sounds like a lot of work and money. Is it worth it compared to just taking a bottle of Windex and a microfiber to those chrome parts when you arrive at your destination? I find that stuff wipes down pretty easily. Probably easier to wipe the chrome off than it will be to wash a big piece of Sunbrella covered in bug guts.

I don't find it so easy to get the bugs off. They bake in the hot sun and you end up having to work at it to get it clean.

Does evolution make a cover for 2007 malibu ride that covers the platform

Ron

This is Evolution's platform cover. I believe there is supposed to be a group buy for them, although it might be for paying members..... good incentive to contribute. Their pretty nice. Goes on easily, held in place with elastic, tows fine in place, doesn't absorb water, etc.

20131006_125003_zpse6b01000.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky