Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

03 25 LSV 8.1 step down system what is it

NHolladay

Just a question for all you experts. Near the rear port side of the engine hatch there is a module with a black hand adjustable knob, it says step down and has a little gold heat sink on it. What is that? and what does it do?.

I was working in the back and the little heat sink was hot as hell when I had the radio playing just in the acc position on the key ( one click to the left). I know it has a key, how old school!.

Nothing is wrong just curious what it does never adjusted it but what would it change?.

I have seen the same module in the new boats as well I think they all have them!

it's a big resistor that is made to dissipate lots of heat.

works pretty good, yes?

Yes a little too well...burn the back of my hand every time I remove the "J" hose. Wonder why there's so much heat when the motor isn't even working/running?

I went out and verified you def talking about the perfect pass servo motor, mine says "step down " or something like that also...