Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2002 23LSV Sunscape - BMC Surf Gate Project

BMCmalibu13

brainD, you are more than welcome to come on down to check it out. I keep my boat in Elkhorn and will be hoping to drop in before may 1, so any time before that. I would say in the next 10days I will have the brackets mounted to my boat.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update. I am putting together a complete install guide for my 2002 LSV yhat and will be posting it for everyone to see. Also if you all are interested in more detailed info please PM me and I will give you my contact info.

more to come!

mike

• Like 2

Quick update, I am uploading the my install now to photo bucket and will link this evening for everyone too see. I also have to update my install document with the changes and challenges I went through along the way.

All in all, the first time out on the water was a huge success and a much better wave than listing the boat with 2,200lbs of ballast. I will be taking it out again tomorrow for more pics and videos of the wave.

First time out I had ballast bags 750lbs startboard side filled and 1100 port side filled evenly at 750.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Great job.

I have the same boat and am considering a similar project. What thickness of SS plates did you for attatching to the boat?

Any pics of the wake?

• 1 month later...