Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Max safe ballast in a 13 VLX?

Fman

Cool.....what's the total weight capacity per bag? I found a 1450 lb bag for the VLX on Wakemakers.

I don't know the weight per bag. That's one question I must ask. The 1450 on Wakemakers is not custom and will be too big for both sides on the VLX. Even bigger on the starboard side because of the cooler obstruction. That sac full will pop up the seats. Also, you don't want the bag to close to the seats because people will feel the swooshing of the water when sitting down. RayRay educated me on that. I reduced the height of the finger from 8' inches to 7 for this reason. For a little more money you could go custom.

Travis,

What sacs are you ordering for your bow install in the gunwales? Also, I don't understand what you mean by this statement...

"And I will have the 750 sitting on the floor with a remote fill line coming from my new front ballast Johnson pump (selector valve)."

Does that mean the 750 will be on the same pump as the bow sacs in your gunwales? If so, won't that mean they can't be filling at the same time?

Maybe you need to draw a diagram and explain yourself. Hehehe! :whistle:

Dave, as Shawn mentioned I will be using that Grey selector valve to toggle between the front Grunwale bags and the remote sumo sac. I am also installing a quick disconnect to hook the remote fill line into for easy storage when not in use. I am not sure if you can fill both front bags and remote bags together. I am assuming its either one or the other. I would need to fill the front then move the selector to the remote bag.

My order just shipped out today and I ran my lines and electrical today. I should have it installed next week. I also went with the sumo 900 lb bag instead of the 750, it was only $10 more and 2" wider and 2" taller.

Edited by Fman