Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 V Ride radio/armrest removal?

Ghaynie18

I am attempting to relocate my radio to under the dash. If I could get the whole panel or whatever you call it off the side of the boat it would make the process a whole heck of a lot easier. Whoever did the install did not do a clean job and wires are everywhere! Any info on this process would also be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the panel off I want to say it is 3 bolts that you have to take out by reaching your hand way back to get to them. Should have a few screws in the front toward the bottom. I left mine and just added a remote works great.

Yea, the bottom of that panel should pull out easily. Then there a couple of screws up high to reach in & get a hold of.

I just moved the remote that was on the dash to the passenger side of the driver's dash. I also added an MP3 input & a 12v outlet in the glovebox. So anyone on passenger side of the boat could drive the stereo. Works fine. And I still have the stereo control from the driver's seat.

I thought about moving it to the bottom of the driver's dash but didn't want to be hitting my knees on it all the time. Thought about moving it to the glovebox but seemed like a huge hassle. Putting it in the arm rest was stupid, but I haven't bothered to move it either.