Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"alnaser" starter bendix

Guys, i am looking for bendix for my starter .Engine is 325 hp indmar in Wakesetter 2002.

Anyone know where should i look for?If i can't find bendix, i would go for complete starter.Problem is that i am in EU,and the shipping will probably be much more expensive for complete starter,instead of small bendix...

New, or good used,whatever you have ,or if you know who is selling this parts

thanks

Pv

Is your bendix dead, or just sticking? You may just need shims. I think any Chevy V8 bendix should work; it's not unique to Indmar

Its not dead,but every once in a while, you can hear "bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and he doesnt turn on the engine....

Not sure if you have checked this place out on Amazon. I purchased a starter from they and it has worked great. There shipping dont seem too be so bad overseas. Just a thought..

http://www.amazon.com/Mercruiser-4-3L-Marine-Starter-1998-Up/dp/B002TISG16/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_y

Thanks, i didnt check it.Tho, i dont have ANY plate on my starter,so i am affraid to buy just looking at picture....any idea what exactly starter will fit this indmar?

You can pull the starter out and rebuild it yourself. You can find a lot of info about rebuilding them, but here's a start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgsLDL8EzSk. He doesn't really get into taking it apart for 10 minutes or so, so you can jump ahead.

The first thing I would try is to remove the starter and lubricate the bendix. While you have it out, get the part number off the bendix if you think you will need it later. I suspect it's just gummy and will respond nicely to lubrication. Test it with jumper cables after you put it back together, but before you reinstall it on the engine.

I know it's more work if you have to pull it again later to change the part, but it's not too hard to do, and chances are that you don't need parts yet anyway.

You can pull the starter out and rebuild it yourself. You can find a lot of info about rebuilding them, but here's a start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgsLDL8EzSk. He doesn't really get into taking it apart for 10 minutes or so, so you can jump ahead.

The first thing I would try is to remove the starter and lubricate the bendix. While you have it out, get the part number off the bendix if you think you will need it later. I suspect it's just gummy and will respond nicely to lubrication. Test it with jumper cables after you put it back together, but before you reinstall it on the engine.

I know it's more work if you have to pull it again later to change the part, but it's not too hard to do, and chances are that you don't need parts yet anyway.

just a reminder: make sure that you disconnect the battery before you start swinging wrenches.