Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Complete wetsounds stereo system $$$$

Bvissch

If I get what I want for my 2010 I will be purchasing a newer 13 24mxz. I posted new one on order for selling purposes. If the boat goes the boat goes. Boat show is around the corner so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In saying that I will be putting a stereo in whatever boat I have come May

No jealousy at all here. I'm knee deep in the same scenario! :-) Mine is looking like it will end up around $10k, so I'm not quite as big of a baller.

I really want to go LEDs, but I don't know if I can swing it. Where are you putting the 2nd sub? I thought about doing 2 12"s but I don't know where I'd put the 2nd one.

My installer says he can fit 2 12s under the helm I'll keep you posted

• Like 1

My installer says he can fit 2 12s under the helm I'll keep you posted

Now that's great that he can fit two 12"s under the driver's dash. I have no doubts that he can. But if the enclosure size isn't matched to the subs, or the orientation of the two subs isn't right, just because you can isn't good enough. Two 10"s could actually perform much better if the 12"s are forced. So I would inquire about that and make him prove he has a sound plan.

Now that's great that he can fit two 12"s under the driver's dash. I have no doubts that he can. But if the enclosure size isn't matched to the subs, or the orientation of the two subs isn't right, just because you can isn't good enough. Two 10"s could actually perform much better if the 12"s are forced. So I would inquire about that and make him prove he has a sound plan.

He has done a ton of these he says. I have yet to see the box itself but as I said before this is all in the works to be done for May-June. I'll show you the final product. Hopefully it all works out

He has done a ton of these he says. I have yet to see the box itself but as I said before this is all in the works to be done for May-June. I'll show you the final product. Hopefully it all works out Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What David said was that, just because it could be physically accomplished, doesn't mean it will yield any sq. and he suggested that smaller (probably cheaper) subs will yield better results. Yet (among other comments) you disregard the advise by stating your installer has done many and we shall all gloriously found out the results in May/June. Your intention was to pound your chest with your audio choices/ money spent. I'm calling you a troll as well. Blame me, I don't care but I'm all for closing this worthless thread.

Edited by Ndawg12
What David said was that, just because it could be physically accomplished, doesn't mean it will yield any sq. and he suggested that smaller (probably cheaper) subs will yield better results. Yet (among other comments) you disregard the advise by stating your installer has done many and we shall all gloriously found out the results in May/June. Your intention was to pound your chest with your audio choices/ money spent. I'm calling you a troll as well. Blame me, I don't care but I'm all for closing this worthless thread.

Ha I ain't pounding nothing bud, I asked if 14k was to much for my wetsounds system. Obviously the quote I got was pretty close if not better than some other people have got installed. Few PMs proved that. In saying that. BRING ON THE WET SOUNDS.

Mods, please put the tool away wet. Don't grease it, do it dry.

If that ain't a FANBOY ..... Not sure what is.

• Like 2

I'm sure several people on here have as much or more in their systems. If it is what you enjoy, go for it! Just remember to represent all of the "responsible" Malibu owners when you are on the lake jamming the system. I hate when others force you to listen to the crappy playlist they have created and kill the reason I take my family to the lake.

PS. I spent that or more on my system, and did it myself.

Thanks to bozboat, this is the official malibucrew theme song of summer 2014:

trust me when I say this will stretch any $14K system to its utter limits.

Edited by shawndoggy
  • Like 2
Thanks to bozboat, this is the official malibucrew theme song of summer 2014:

trust me when I say this will stretch any $14K system to its utter limits.

Haha, it will certainly bring out the best in my part donor part hillbilly sound system.

In saying that I will be putting a stereo in whatever boat I have come May

This makes no sense to me. Why spend 14k putting a stereo in a boat you no longer want?

• Like 2