Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Complete wetsounds stereo system $$$$

Bvissch

Just want a great system fellas, don't need to be jealous now. I Don't mind the criticism but most people who comment on money related stuff are only doing it because they can't afford something.

Thank you all for you time.

Without knowing all the details such as amps, subs, the enclosures, the amount of custom work for the sub enclosures and amp wall, etc, and also factor in your location, I can still say I think you are in the ballpark at the price you were quoted.

Yeah -

180 amp alternator. Charges batteries at 1500rpm rather than 3000-4000rpm like standard rpm. That way when surfing you get full charging.

Who surfs at 1500 rpm?

Not jealous, not hateing, just calling out stuff that sounds funky. As far as being able to afford - I guess I would need to post a photo of my title in hand of my 2011 Wakesetter - I'll get right on that for ya!

Good luck with your system!

What an awesome display of wealth.

14k for a system that will get maybe 1g out of on resale. If your lucky.

Not that you have to do everything for resale value, but a boat stereo is about the worst area to invest that large a sum of money on.

I myself would explore other avenues.

Aren't these 100k boats an awesome display of wealth?

Priced out a complete system for my 2010 247lsv and with amps, 2 subs, 2 sets rev 10s and all 6.5" WS speakers it came to 14g with labour.... Sound a bit much?

That's some serious DOH!

Wondering how to upload pics so I can show all you haters a real boat? Help me out? I am on my iphone.

just download tapatalk app, find Malibucrew and log in....takes less than a minute...

Im interested in the 180a alt. I had a 247 and went thru 2 of the OEM 120a alternators....it was very tight towards the rear even with the 6.0l, not sure how you'd fit such a large alt in there.

Wondering how to upload pics so I can show all you haters a real boat? Help me out? I am on my iphone.

Tapatalk app, you can upload strait from your iphone.

just download tapatalk app, find Malibucrew and log in....takes less than a minute...

Im interested in the 180a alt. I had a 247 and went thru 2 of the OEM 120a alternators....it was very tight towards the rear even with the 6.0l, not sure how you'd fit such a large alt in there.

Go over to Wakeworld and do a search for Balmar. The reality is you can't throw a 180 amp alternator on a boat and expect it to work...you are talking reconfiguring pulleys, upgraded charging electronics and a whole gamutt of other stuff that folks have done and documented in the past. No way in He11 is a simple bolt on upgrade.

Now, maybe the OP is doing all that and now I can see where we get up to 14k...

• Like 2

Something else to remember about big stereo systems is where are you going to play them? People that are parked behind you in a cove talking don't want to listen to it. People on the shore playing with their kids don't want to listen to it.

Just make sure you keep your music appropriate for everyone. I've never called the cops but I've seen lots of people getting tickets for loud music at the lake we go to.

• Like 1

What size subs under the helm? Dunno how you could fit two under there, would like to see the box.

I'll send pics when complete. Probably May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk