Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for TOWER 2005 Response LXI

blakerea

Are you sure you have a Skylon Swoop? That's the tower I have - it folds away from the windshield.

Yes, mine folds away from the windshield also. When lowered all the way, it will rest on stern sides the windshield frame a couple inches fore of the termination point unless there is some other means of support..

There are two attributes I prefer about the Samson over the Skylon. I like the more continuous line from the front hoop to the top of the tower, and I like the fact that the towers lower hoops are custom designed for each boat, which I would hope fits the windshield lines better.

I like the price of the Skylon better.

@inlandlaker do you have any higher resolution photos of your tower from the side, front and back? Do you see any issue having a black tower and the powder coating fading in the sun? Do you have to wax or maintain tower finish to keep it glossy? I keep my boat on the water year round so tower break down isn't an issue.

I do was and wax the tower and also hit it with boat candy during the season from time to time. I have a couple pictures on my phone. I'll post them up tonight.