Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My steering wheel progression

Nitrousbird

• 1 month later...

So my Zulag's on. Was bit of a long wait as i bought it on ebay in Europe a few months ago and had it

ship to my cousin in Germany. Back from my trip last week and my first TXi project for

this coming winter is already done.

Now if I could find that Malibu Billet for the centre hub, that would be nice!

Or maybe Vettesetter will give me his......lol....:Tease3:

post-20239-0-56886300-1423754837_thumb.j

Edited by Dare2goBare

So my Zulag's on. Was bit of a long wait as i bought it on ebay in Europe a few months ago and had it

ship to my cousin in Germany. Back from my trip last week and my first TXi project for

this coming winter is already done.

Now if I could find that Malibu Billet for the centre hub, that would be nice!

Or maybe Vettesetter will give me his......lol.... :Tease3:

Looks good. I went from the Zulag to the Gussi Italia a couple weeks ago. I just thought that the Zulag blocked too much of the MLS screen.

post-22501-0-05621000-1411397712_thumb.j

post-22501-0-86524600-1411397686_thumb.j

Edited by oldjeep

Looks good. I went from the Zulag to the Gussi Italia a couple weeks ago. I just thought that the Zulag blocked too much of the MLS screen.attachicon.gifWP_20140405_014.jpgattachicon.gifWP_20140822_002.jpg

Yes I remember when you posted that and I started to second guess my accusation!

Now that the Zulag is on and I've had a chance to see where the wheel sits when

I'm at the helm, its prefect. I like the wheel in a low position so there very little to no

obstruction to the MLS screen.

Now I need to find that nice Malibu Hub Billet!

I want the steering wheel from KITT.

Talk to these guys

http://www.knightridershop.com/

Or here;) I remembered them actually selling these things, looks like there are still a bunch of them out there

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-92-PONTIAC-FIREBIRD-KNIGHT-RIDER-KITT-KARR-K2000-GULLWING-LARGE-GRIPS-IPQR-/221420393549?_trksid=p2054897.l5667

Edited by oldjeep

We have the wooden one. Matches the dash appointments nicely or we would have gone blingy by now.

As for the single-blade. I could never stand driving with that. A lot of my slow speed maneuvering involves quickly spinning the wheel with a single finger. I like having 3 spokes.

IMG_0532_zpsbbe4022c.jpg

Edited by UWSkier
  • Like 3

This is another one of those things I didn't know I HAD to upgrade... :lol:

Mine looked fine to me until I saw the Birds!

Normally not the kind of thing I would mess with, but the single spoke was a horrible design for steering with except for the visibility that it provided.

post-22501-0-45945100-1411480891_thumb.j

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I noticed in one of the pictures u had an adapter. I brought an Isotta steering wheel exactly like the second isotta . The bolt holes don't line up with my 2002 Malibu Response hub. Any ideas ??

I noticed in one of the pictures u had an adapter. I brought an Isotta steering wheel exactly like the second isotta . The bolt holes don't line up with my 2002 Malibu Response hub. Any ideas ??

Yup, you need a pattern adapter. The Nardi wheels have a different bolt spacing.

2.75" = Almost everyone

2.875 = Nardi

You need one of these pattern adapters to use your current adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/StreetRays-Originals-Steering-Wheel-Hub-Adapter-Spacer-1-2-inch-BLACK-/400789158197?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d50e53935&vxp=mtr

Or just replace the whole adapter with one that has both patterns

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marine-Boat-Steering-Wheel-Hub-Adapter-Keyed-for-MOMO-NARDI-NRG-SPARCO-OMP-/121107607130?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item1c32936e5a&vxp=mtr

After seeing the pics of the new VTX's I wonder how hard or possible it would be to take the entire dash with touch panel and swap it into my 02 vlx. It doesn't look to different.

Now who has a nice wrecked VTX with a mint dash for sale cheap? j/k

• 2 weeks later...