Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My steering wheel progression

Nitrousbird

I started with the stock wheel:

f4im.jpg

Ran most of last year with the '03 - '06 OEM wheel (Isotta Vallelunga):

piq3.jpg

Then just upgraded to the '07 - '10 OEM wheel (Isotta Zulag):

1wgn.jpg

At this point I'm not sure if I like the Zulag better than the Vallelunga. I like it at least equally but not sure if I like it more. Stocker and Vallelunga are both for sale. :)

I started with the stock wheel:<br />f4im.jpg<br /><br />Ran most of last year with the '03 - '06 OEM wheel (Isotta Vallelunga):<br />piq3.jpg<br /><br />Then just upgraded to the '07 - '10 OEM wheel (Isotta Zulag):<br />1wgn.jpg<br /><br />At this point I'm not sure if I like the Zulag better than the Vallelunga. I like it at least equally but not sure if I like it more. Stocker and Vallelunga are both for sale. :)

<br /><br />Started from the bottom now we're here.... Looks great I like the Zulag.

I like the last one best. Looks clean. Just out of curiosity, why two depth gauges and how big were the holes you had to drill to mount them in that location. I wanted to put mine there an thought it was too small.

I like the last one best. Looks clean. Just out of curiosity, why two depth gauges and how big were the holes you had to drill to mount them in that location. I wanted to put mine there an thought it was too small.

Those aren't two depth gauges. Those are the factory gauges; one is depth (left). Other is multi-function - hours, voltage, water temp, air temp, clock.

I think it would look better with the malibu logo or better yet a corvette logo.

Can't get the Corvette logo unless I have one made from what I've found out. I guess what Malibu had Corvette boat made, they commissioned Isotta to actually ship the wheel with that logo, so there is no part number for the sticker (that's all it is). I will either get a Vette one made or just buy the Malibu sticker.
  • Like 1

i like the middle one best....the bottom one seems to shine too brightly and appears that it could be blinding in bright sunny day....plus the middle one appears to more closely match the vinyl texture on the dash....just my .02

Edited by JB-FOOT

Mine is the Vellelunga and I'm a bit of a fan of it. I like the flat bottom arrangement.

The single blade wheel is APPALLING in my opinion! I would NEVER leave one on a boat of mine...

Edited by GreenMan
  • Like 3

I hated the look of the one blade also, still do. Functionally speaking, it's the best wheel to date. I love the shape in your hand, not much to get you fingers caught up in and the large bar is heavily weighted. You have to use one to appreciate it.

I ditto what Bobby says, I was not a huge fan on how it looked but it has grown on me. It does seem to have a nice balanced feel when using, and is really comfortable when in your hands.

However, looking forward to seeing someone swap it out for a different wheel and give feedback.

Edited by Fman

.........not much to get you fingers caught up in ......

I was always taught to not have your fingers inside the wheel anyway. If your out 4wheelin or racing any kind of car & the wheels hit anything, it's a good way to end up with a broken hand or fingers. I guess it's a habit any more because I drive my truck & boat the same way.

So what's with the nos bottle?

nos8.jpg Edited by Bill_AirJunky
ahopkins22LSV

I hated the look of the one blade also, still do. Functionally speaking, it's the best wheel to date. I love the shape in your hand, not much to get you fingers caught up in and the large bar is heavily weighted. You have to use one to appreciate it.

I ditto what Bobby says, I was not a huge fan on how it looked but it has grown on me. It does seem to have a nice balanced feel when using, and is really comfortable when in your hands.

However, looking forward to seeing someone swap it out for a different wheel and give feedback.

Agreed, visually it is probably near the bottom of my list of how I like it. But it is sure nice to drive with. Especially having multiple drivers that drive the course in my boat. Everyone seems to hold the wheel slightly different and not having any obstructions is very nice.

• Like 1

No reason,...I just like doing things like that. :whistle:

Didn't you tell me you take a bunch of deep breathes of nos just before you go on a Baarfoot run???

:)

Edit: Nitrous, I do love the look of the Zulag.

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 1

I wish somebody would figure out a way to put an M3 steering wheel in our boats! This one would look sick on Vapor Blue!!

I have something similar on my cart.... minus all the controls. Their actually pretty cheap on Ebay. I never really thought I wanted one on the boat though.

I'm a bit concerned about the fancy steering wheel's durability in the sun & water environment. Aren't these leather wrapped? And living on the dock for weeks or months on end, the appeal to any local thieves might be a bit much.