Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Unique or "different" gel coat colors

AJWest

Do it! I love the pic the gel threads. :-) You know how to pick them!

I was actually thinking about doing another boat with Purple accents. I can almost hear the boo birds from here!

Since Our new line is so crazy over the top to customize, I have that exact conversation with all of my customers about resale. Most of the time they hear me out.

In My eyes, there are many key factors in coloring out a boat, which I always bring to light. We've had some go bonkers, and yes, we took a larger than normal deposit.

I had a Malibu I sold that was on paper, just wrong. Midnight blue and green. It actually didn't end up looking half bad.

This is a questions for some of the dealers on here. What do you do when a customer wants to order a boat with an "interesting" choice of colors? Do you try to change his/her mind or do you make them agree in writing that they can't back out of the deal. I could see a bad day for a dealer when they order a boat with an ugly color combination and the buyer backs out after it comes in.

I have a 23 with 100% Black Flake (Red Flake Swoosh), and it will either be a train wreck or amazeballs...Spray date early May. Will post pictures along the way. I live in Knoxville, and will be at the plant some during the process...

• Like 1

I have a 23 with 100% Black Flake (Red Flake Swoosh), and it will either be a train wreck or amazeballs...Spray date early May. Will post pictures along the way. I live in Knoxville, and will be at the plant some during the process...

Wish I could see it in person, I'm leaning towards amazeballs.

Some of the trucks are dropping metallic black paint this year. Got a matching rig already?

Some of the trucks are dropping metallic black paint this year. Got a matching rig already?

Boat stays on a covered slip...dont have to trailer it except for service, and i dont think they make enough glitter to match this look :)

I am really excited to see pictures of this one! The nerve to pick that scheme is amazeballs all on its own :salute: That must have been a jaw dropping upcharge! I think it'll be pretty sick, though. I don't know if the metal flake thing is getting played out elsewhere, but I just started seeing it up here last year I have such a crush on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's one I spotted today at my dealer... the new owner took delivery while I was there.

20140507_162954_zpsy4zjpksa.jpg

20140507_162711_zpsaw3gcn5f.jpg

20140507_162752_zpsj1ateqvl.jpg

20140507_162909_zpswaxjenqj.jpg

20140507_162659_zpsddz89d70.jpg

This is the type of color scheme that does not grow old gracefully. It's cool now, but in the future will look outdated. Kind of the same situation with the pink and teal boats. Something has to be said about all the older Malibus that get sold. They all have conservative colors and grow old nicely. Don't get me wrong, nice boat here. Edited by Afun
ahopkins22LSV

This the type of color scheme that does grow old gracefully. It's cool now, but in the future will look outdated. Kind of the same situation with the pink and teal boats. Something has to be said about all the older Malibus that get sold. They all have conservative colors and grow old nicely. Don't get me wrong, nice boat here.

Pink and teal Echelons sell like hot cakes around here.

I think that Axis is very well done for a very unique color scheme.

Here's one I spotted today at my dealer... the new owner took delivery while I was there.

Was she hot, the new owner that is? and can we please stop saying amazeballs... Please!

• 1 year later...