Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Unique or "different" gel coat colors

AJWest

To my knowledge this is/was the only black and pink Axis made then the pink was removed from Malibu/Axis color options as standard choices.

5BE6BA10-AB2F-4990-8E48-9EBF55A7291C-671

• Like 2

Whose boat is that?

It's a 2011 and just after I bought my 2011 A22 I saw it on Onlyinboards and Boattrader. I remember being listed as a dealer demo and ordered for a boat show.

• Like 1

This is the best I could find. You can kind of see the graphic on the middle of the window.

1779990_736060906412707_1093302379_n.jpg

Of course I was there! I'm in this picture behind the boat. Blue shirt, black Ronix hat lol. That was the best pic I could find of the whole gel scheme in one frame.

The tint job was sick. Flames on the side, old-school WakeSetter logo on the middle front. The purple LED's everywhere and the huge sub under the helm with custom enclosure also added to the insanity that is this boat.

Edited by boardjnky4

LOL A friend of mine has ridden in/behind the skittle's boat (as it is known locally). It's located out on Lake Wylie in NC. Word has it that MC refused to build the boat without payment in full by the owner prior to spraying it.

When I was at the factory before I bought my LSV, I asked if I could get metallic black. I was told that the color was not officially offered, but that they would do it as a custom job. I didn't ask about the price, I was afraid to ask.... From my understanding, I can't understand why they would charge more for it because the process to make metallic for purple or green is not any different than making metallic for black. Maybe I am just not understanding the process well enough.

I really like this orange, light graphite, black and white color scheme... I rarely see any boats with orange on them.

digi47266808_l_zps1f5741e7.jpg

digi47367273_zpsfd53b443.jpg

Love that. Orange was my first choice of color. Funny how things work, black and red wasn't even on my list.

If I remember correctly, asking price was 114k on the purple LSV with the base 350 engine.

Sounds about right... I count 7 purple flake upgrade charges incl. the trailer (aprox. $1,000/each??) plus an upgrade on the black hull and a colored top deck (do they charge you twice for a flake top deck)?

Am I the only person who thinks this is silly? Why spend all that money on "show" but nothing on "go" (e.g. no engine upgrade)?

• Like 3

When I was at the factory before I bought my LSV, I asked if I could get metallic black. I was told that the color was not officially offered, but that they would do it as a custom job. I didn't ask about the price, I was afraid to ask.... From my understanding, I can't understand why they would charge more for it because the process to make metallic for purple or green is not any different than making metallic for black. Maybe I am just not understanding the process well enough.

It's actually pretty easy to understand... Malibu doesn't charge us upgrade $'s based on their cost or their process. They charge us whatever they can get away with (market based pricing). :cry: I work for a company that prices the same way... it's the American way!!

How else can you explain that they charge $1,000+ for a black hull bottom vs. a white hull bottom? Why do they charge for anything other than a white top deck? What about the colored towers... somehow only Black is the free color. The answer is simple... because the guy who feels strongly about a heavily customized/colored boat is the same guy who's willing and able to pay to get it. Malibu's material and labor cost is the same regardless (maybe a little higher material cost on the flake, but it's likely a very very small fraction of what they charge).

Edited by IXFE

Sounds about right... I count 7 purple flake upgrade charges incl. the trailer (aprox. $1,000/each??) plus an upgrade on the black hull and a colored top deck (do they charge you twice for a flake top deck)?

Am I the only person who thinks this is silly? Why spend all that money on "show" but nothing on "go" (e.g. no engine upgrade)?

It was built and ordered by the dealer to be a showcase boat at the boat show. Is it silly? Yes it is. But they got it sold on day 2.

It also has the horn tower speaker upgrade.

It also house thousands in the custom sub enclosure, sound-strobing LEDs, surf LEDs, color-matched speaker cans, window tinting, etc...

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 1

OK, another awesome Malibu. This time a 24 MXZ. Owned by one of the guys involved with building Jibtopia Wake Park in Semora, NC. It's basically a floating space ship. There's even LEDs in the rubrail. For those wanting more GO POWER, this bad boy has the LSA. And he puts it to use, 1100s on plug in play in the rear, front ballast plus a bunch of lead.

zJcwBEl.jpg

FQ8uBcS.jpg

Oh, he also has a disco ball hanging from his tower lol

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 2

Oh, he also has a disco ball hanging from his tower lol

Pretty common here. Especially with all the LEDs in the boats now. I bought mine off Ebay for $8 shipped. Its about the size of a volleyball. I'd post pics but having trouble finding any that are rated G. :blink:

-

Bill

• Like 3