Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Help Building T22

BlknYlwT22

Any idea what's included in the Wetsounds package? Does that include in-boat speakers as well as some tower speakers and amps? If it has in-boats, sub, Rev 10s on the tower and Wetsounds amps to power everything, I would just get it and not have to worry about installing yourself, plus everything is covered under the factory warranty.

That's really not bad for a pair of Rev 410s once you consider installation. I'd probably geek out on the amps (drop the syn 4 and run two syn 2s, one to each 410) and a sub, but that sounds like a really nice system for 99.999% of people. You MIGHT be able to do it for less, but probably not much less, once you factor in installation.

According to the price sheet the underwater lights are $325.

at $325, that could be worth it. I thought underwater LEDs were $750ish.

If you wanna upgrade to more powerfull LEDs, it'd be a simple swap.

Whether options are "wasted" or not and whether you'll "lose more" on them is also a function of the deal you make. Some dealers may let you order options for cost. Others will charge malibu's pricing, and others in between. Whether that money is well-spent or not is as much a function of the deal you have as it is its desirability. I've always loaded boats up with everything but the largest engine. I've never had an issue selling any for an appropriate amount, nor have I had anyone EVER say, you know, I just don't want option ___. So long as you're not paying crazy amounts for options, I say load it up. That said, the Axis demographic is slightly different and if it gets too pricey at resale, some folks will simply be comapring you to a bu. Just a thought. That said, I didn't see anything wrong with your options but 350 would be preferable obviously....Oh, and I don't agree on the 5 blade. I think it was wakemakers did a review of like 5 props all back to back it was not the preferred prop. That and you cannot use a conventional c-clamp puller should you need to save a weekend. Stereo is your call. Something to be said for it arriving installed and just needing a retune. If your dealer wants the work, could help with the deal too.

You bring up a good point about the Axis brand and demographic. Do you think it is a big money looser to put an LS3 in these boats?

You bring up a good point about the Axis brand and demographic. Do you think it is a big money looser to put an LS3 in these boats?

Probably not @ altitude (Colorado / Utah / Tahoe). At least the 409 (which nobody seems to regret buying, similar torque curve to 5.7 notwithstanding).

I don't know. LS3 is in maybe 2% of boats in my area so I can't speak to demand for some regions. I just noticed that when I sold my A22 that was about as loaded as it gets, there were a higher number of tire-kicking low-ballers looking for a steal than with any bus

I think my biggest issue is going to be getting the dealer to come down in price without eliminating options. Obviously, there are a few I can eliminate because they are not must haves but I would much prefer have them. I have gotten two quotes so far and they are both pretty much identical and are based upon Malibu pricing. The deal that was mentioned before sounds like it was a hell of a deal.

Any boat shows in your area coming up? Can normally get some pretty good pricing deals.

I was at the Fort Wayne show yesterday. That is where this all started. No stellar deal there. The problem is with this being a brand new boat the motivation to discount will be minimal. If I'm not willing to pay the amount the next guy will...

The 5 blade prop is not an upgrade IMO. I have a 2011 A22 and got that prop but like the 1235 better. The dealer saying the 5 blade "sips" fuel is funny. The 5 blade is much more quiet in the cabin and the prop wash in the middle of the wake is less though.

Edited by AJWest

The $4200 option for the Wetsounds is a fair price when you try to piece that on your own. Rev 410 $1200 each ($2400); Syn 4 $600; Syn 6 $900; 6 cabin 6.5" $550; Sub $200-$250. That's about $4650 not including wire, RCA cables, and connectors. I do agree that manufacturers are not stereo shops and/or tuners but I'm sure for a nominal fee you could take your boat to a reputable shop, possibly a Wetsounds dealer, for a tuning.

Edited by AJWest

Leave some of the bling options out and get the 350 hp. Then start asking for blingods for Christmas / birthdays etc. install your own stereo and save a bunch right there and end up better off.

ahopkins22LSV

Leave some of the bling options out and get the 350 hp. Then start asking for blingods for Christmas / birthdays etc. install your own stereo and save a bunch right there and end up better off.

Completely agree. I take back my statement about the stereo if you are going to spend just as much or more on the same setup yourself. Might as well have the factory install it and then tune it in yourself.

Could probably do a very nice stereo for less then factory, but I totally understand that time is money!

With all this talk of giving up the bling to get the price down...would any of you give up all the bling and stereo for the LS3? Or is getting the big motor just not worth it?

Well...we are planning to use the boat for our family. I have 3 kids plus the wife and me. Kids are pretty good but their little and don't weigh much. I don't ever see us using more than factory ballast and factory plug and play. We are not going be putting sumo sacks on the floor or anything like that...but I want to make sure that if we have a boat full of people plus all the factory ballast full we will have no problems getting on plane. I ordered my boat with the 350 monsoon and I chose the cinco prop over the acme high altitude...but really considered giving up all my options for the LS3.

ahopkins22LSV

I think you will be OK with the right prop. I can't steer you in the right direction there though. There are other people on here that can chime in with a much more educated answer.

The only thing is the engine is really the one you can't add later. You could obviously but you know what I mean.

You will be fine in that boat with stock and 350 with a good prop. IS the cinco the correct prop? Reviews have been mixed, especially when compared to the later more aggressive 4 blade offerings. Again, you will not be able to get that prop off with a conventional puller. Total deal breaker for me simply because of that. When the cinco came out it was being tested by Travis Moye on a super loaded xstar with a big engine pulling for students and Shaun Murray all day. totally different needs for you.

• Like 1

Well...my dealer suggested the cinco for fuel economy since I probably wouldn't have the boat super loaded in the beginning. Its actually more expensive on the build sheet than the high altitude. With those 2 props being the upgrade options over what ever the standard prop is.