Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 LSV (new to me) Surf Set UP

dealjb

Finally made the decision to sell the 97 Sunsetter and move up to a bigger V-drive for the family. Made up my mind on the 23 LSV and to my surprise found an extremely clean 07 a few weeks back.

Have read countless threads on "how to" ballast installs and what folks are doing to ge a monster wake. My question is:

Since we willl be new to surfing, what do I really need to invest in this first year for my family to learn to surf (all goofy)?

I am already considering a 750 installed in the rear locker, but do I need more under surf side seat and bow for us to learn?

07 23 LSV, Diamond (I think), Hammerhead, Power Wedge. Normally 2-3 adults including driver and 3 or 4 kids in boat while someone is surfing.

Thanks in advance for the help, we would like to be ready to go without a lot of testing when Spring finally arrives.

JB

Congrats on the new to you LSV you are going to really like the change. I made the same change last year from a 98 sunsetter to 09 LSV. Since you are just starting out I do not know if I would get carried away adding any ballast at first. We ran stock ballast all of last year and had no problem surfing. We had all tanks full except the non surfside.we also ran the wedge 2 clicks up from the bottom. We did move people around to make sure we had the right wake. You will be amazed what you have with your stock ballast. Then after you get use your new ride you can add any ballast you need. Just my $.02

CB

Buy a 1100lb sac for the locker, trust me do it once, do it right, you have the ability to run less in your 1100 if ever needed but can never run more than 750 in your 750 so buy the biggest if you have not bought already. Also the more weight you are running the bigger sweet spot you will have which will make learning to surf that much easier and more enjoyable. I run all factory ballast full except non surf side rear, 1100lbs in locker 370 under seat wedge up 2 clicks. I also add 2 400lbs. Bags on top of seat Surfside and 300 bow surf side if not a lot of people in boat and I want best possible wave.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2008 23 LSV and am facing similar issues. I don't have the bow tank so I'm looking at the front under seat fly high sac, which I hope I can hook up to the existing front tank system so I don't have to drop a hose in the lake.

We want to surf, but we use most of our locker space with gear and family "stuff", and don't want to loose that, or have huge bags all over the place that people have to trip over. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I'm looking for a bit of balance.