Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exile Tower Speakers

bwhitfield85

Ok guys it is finally time for me to upgrade my sound system. I have herd great things about Exile speakers but I want to get the opinion of the group. What setups is everyone running on their towers and how do you like them. Pics are always great as well.

I have (4) Exile XM7's running on a Harpoon amp on my tower, and we love them! Sound great boarding, or just sitting in the boat. Exiles customer service is fantastic!

My system is a few years old, but still sounds great.

You cant go wrong with Exile.

(Sorry no Pics, but search on here and you will find some)

Mark

Thanks guys I am just trying to decide which tower speakers to get and to justify the cost. I need to get them before the boat comes out of storage in April for sure.

I would get a pair of xm9 and a exile 30.2 amp to start with which will be plenty of music for what ever then if you want more you can just add to that.And you can't beat there customer service.l am 100 percent pleased with the product and service.

• Like 2

Few questions is this for surfing, wake boarding, Cove. How much room do you have on your tower. Is it more about sound or looks. Budget.

I have the XM9s 4 of them 2 pointed to the back and to pointed to the front. Sounds great while wake boarding. amp Rockford fosgate T1000-4ad at 4ohms.

If I was going for wake boarding it will get loud when you stop so what I did was add. Do a search most have added and love it.

http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?cPath=59_60&products_id=926

XM9s are great but if I was going with only 2 speakers I would get the Rev10s just my 2 cents.

100_0404.jpg

Sorry best back few I got. And yea thats about 3K+ ballast

100_0396.jpg

Check out their new surf speaker in a 9". I went with four of them and I think they'll be great. I haven't installed them yet, but they seem to be put together much better than the WS Icon 8s I had. (and those sounded great)

I went surf speakers, because my neighbors on the lake didn't care for the horn style. :-) People in the boat preferred the surf speakers as well.

Give Brian @ Exile a call and he will ask you what you are looking for in a system and get you in the right stuff. I picked up 4 demo sxt9's and demo harpoon amp in November. Next purchase before spring is a javelin amp, sub, eq, and cabin speakers. Can't wait for spring to get boat out of storage and install the goodies.

I am a lucky guy! I have heard ever possible Exile set up known to man. you need to ask your self what your goal is. I`d look at it like this.

Wake boarding- XM9`s on Harpoon great at length a little ruff on people in the boat.

Surfing- SXT9`s on Harpoon- Great in the boat can be heard wake boarding but not great at length.

Big baller status- Hybrid 2 pair SXT9 on harpoon 1 pair XM9 on 800.4 bridged This will sound amazing but is over kill and will need two amps.

personally I run the SXTQ9`s on a Harpoon- I love them they sound great plenty of volume and don't kill my passengers. I surf 75% of the time so for me its a great fit.

You can`t go wrong with the Exile line up or customer service. Give Brian a call he can help steer you in the right direction.

Thanks guys and great looking boats in the pics. I will give Exile a call and see what I can do about getting these here before spring. I am also thinking of taking the head unit out and just running an EQ which will probably be the WS-420

• Like 1

Thanks guys and great looking boats in the pics. I will give Exile a call and see what I can do about getting these here before spring. I am also thinking of taking the head unit out and just running an EQ which will probably be the WS-420

Exile will be releasing a new EQ very soon as well to complete with the new Wetsounds EQ.
  • Like 2
Exile will be releasing a new EQ very soon as well to complete with the new Wetsounds EQ.

I just bought the old ZLD at Christmas, may have to get the new one and put the old one in the RZR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by wakebrdr94

Everyone loves the XM9's on our G3 tower have 4 mounted with the Exile twin adapter so we can rotate the lower pair if needed, recently added a Fusion bluetooth unit to the back of the WS420 and this works great too.

The whole boat is Exile (except WS420 a ZLD was not available) and very happy with all of it,

Unfortunately no one in Australia seems to do Exile anymore and I have sent several emails to Exile in US and none have been answered.

I have noticed a trend and talked to a lot of guys who used to run HLCD's It seems to me more people are choosing to go with the new surf set up and going away from the big blast everyone behind you and them some, ( Which I still do ) I have heard the New Exile Surf STX-9Q surf speakers and I will have to say very impressed, And really at 80 + feet they still were very Loud Crisp and clean, But Behind the boat best I have heard, Will I switch....Maybe but you cant go wrong either way, Oh and going on my 4th year with these speakers and components, The word Torture comes to mind and that is what I have done to this system and without fail, I'm sure Brian was beginning to think I did not like him anymore, since I have not call much, You would be hard pressed to fine a better company to deal with!! photo13-Copy_zpsc5f5f8c2.jpg

For you guys that have had the opportunity to listen to both the XM9 and the SXT9q, would you recommend one over the other to somebody that was going to run just a single pair? I have the Titan 1 tower and think headroom may be an issue, so I will probably go with just a single pair to begin with. I care more about sound quality than sound projection, and while getting the speakers loud enough to hear at wakeboarding distances would be nice, it's not that high on my priorities.

Go with one set of XM9 if that's all you have space for. They also have a horn attenuation switch hidden under the emblem which can be used to tone down the highs just a touch depending on your liking.

Edited by Bobby Bright

I have had just about every speaker Exile has built. I am now running 6 of the VERY FIRST SXT-9Q's. By far my favorite of all the setups I have had. Are loud? Yup. Are they clean? Yup. Are they pleasant to riders behind the boat and more importantly IN the boat? Yup. You will have a trade off with almost any speaker you choose between those three. I feel like this is the best compromise I have found yet.

Brian and the guys over there... Excellent. You can't go wrong with gear that gets the support they provide and STAND BEHIND. I have seen them go above and beyond in taking care of the customer, even when they probably shouldn't have.

This.

Brian has repeatedly gone above/beyond with advice, insight, and troubleshooting, and their products are first rate. I'm all Exile at this pt, having gone from xm7s to 4 SXT65s powered by a Harpoon, and Exile 6.5s in the cabin with the x800 amp. Oh, forgot sub is a fi powered by the Exile sub amp. Anyways, major thumbs up to Exile quality and customer service.

• Like 2