Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft NXT.

UpperleftWake

There are some really nice build features on this boat like the material selection and fit/finish but as Fman stated much of the execution around the release has been garbage. I think the weight and narrow beam will produce a great wake and the lack of engine upgrades will not be a big deal in a 20ft boat. I am guessing that almost all A20's have the standard motor as well.

I think the Axis has a better overall "style" and brand goodwill but for those who want higher end material and less plastic the NXT will be a good fit. Will be interesting to see how the wakes stack up against the others.

and y'all can hate on MB, but at least they give you the essential basics "free" not as options. I mean a stereo (just a headunit and four speakers!!!) and a depth finder are options?! The walkway windblock is an option? I'm surprised the rudder and steering wheel aren't optional.

Aren't depth gauge and stereo options on our boats? I know my stereo was, as it was ordered without. Realistically nothing's for free, just added into the cost or not.

Not a big fan, although I suppose most of us are a little biased. I don't understand why MC releases these crazy color schemes? Also with parks looking all grunged out, that's the market this boat is for. The "younger" crowd as MC puts it.

Looks like they definitely need to weight the front down

nyhynuty.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by wakebrdr94

mastercrafts last few years have been very rough. Their xstar, imo, is a complete bust. Their execution of their release of that boat was terrible. Then this NXT comes out, and so far the release has been 2 huge busts… the first is the half built boat at the boat shows, then this video. Please tell me there is a job opening over at mastercraft in the marketing dept??? I think this boat might produce a nice wake, its narrow, but heavy, and I think the little 320 hp motor will be just fine. The tige r20's are standard with a 305, and I am sure propped correctly, it can have a great wake. Most A20's have the 335 and you can throw tons of weight into them. With such a narrow beam, the NXT should not take very much weight at all to get big, unlike the A20's and R20 (rzr) that are very wide and can handle more.

Some guy on WW just spent $63k on an NXT… I hope it turns out well for him, but he hasn't even seen a finished product, nobody has, and has not demo'd one or seen the wake. I can think of 10+ boats I would spend $63k on before this.

imo, only good thing that came out of Mastercraft in the last few years is the X-30. I think that boat and the X-25 are the only goo thing going for them at this point.

" I can think of 10+ boats I would spend $63k on before this."

​Challenge… from myself… accepted!!!

1. Axis A22

2. Axis A20

3. MB F21/22

4. Tige R20

5. Malibu Vride 21

6. Malibu VTX

7. Malibu VLX 05-08

8. Malibu LSV 23 07-08

9. Mastercraft Xstar 04-12

10. SAN 210 07+

11. Moomba mojo

12. Moomba mondo

13. sanger

14. malibu vlx 02-04

I win….

mastercrafts last few years have been very rough. Their xstar, imo, is a complete bust. Their execution of their release of that boat was terrible. Then this NXT comes out, and so far the release has been 2 huge busts… the first is the half built boat at the boat shows, then this video. Please tell me there is a job opening over at mastercraft in the marketing dept??? I think this boat might produce a nice wake, its narrow, but heavy, and I think the little 320 hp motor will be just fine. The tige r20's are standard with a 305, and I am sure propped correctly, it can have a great wake. Most A20's have the 335 and you can throw tons of weight into them. With such a narrow beam, the NXT should not take very much weight at all to get big, unlike the A20's and R20 (rzr) that are very wide and can handle more.

Some guy on WW just spent $63k on an NXT… I hope it turns out well for him, but he hasn't even seen a finished product, nobody has, and has not demo'd one or seen the wake. I can think of 10+ boats I would spend $63k on before this.

imo, only good thing that came out of Mastercraft in the last few years is the X-30. I think that boat and the X-25 are the only goo thing going for them at this point.

Agree..... Would just add that the X-10 and X-30 are 2 of the nicest boats on the market today. I went for a demo on the X30 and was really impressed. Very well built boat and it really is in a different class than most. Wakeboard and surf wave were great with the gen2 tabs and pro package (extra ballast)

If some of this quality has rubbed off on the NXT then there should be a market. Question is, how big?

Agree..... Would just add that the X-10 and X-30 are 2 of the nicest boats on the market today. I went for a demo on the X30 and was really impressed. Very well built boat and it really is in a different class than most. Wakeboard and surf wave were great with the gen2 tabs and pro package (extra ballast)

If some of this quality has rubbed off on the NXT then there should be a market. Question is, how big?

I would also add the new Prostar as a success, at least so far.

• Like 2

Looks like they definitely need to weight the front down nyhynuty.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now be fair and post a still of 2 seconds later when it came down off the roller. Yes, the bow rides high higher than a Malibu but that is a misleading shot climbing a wake.

Not my market but I dig it. Keeping the boat smaller but narrowing the gunwales to get more interior space is a great move IMO. All the number crunchers online will poo poo it all they want but it makes sense to me. Can hardly see around my 90" beamed boat with my full size Tahoe when towing.

Edited by jk13

^^^^ I will take the Tige before the MB because of Dealer Network....other than that, GOOD List

yeah AFun, that list is not necessarily in any specific order, I just started naming off boats, but yes, dealer is crazy important when choosing a new boat. It continues to surprise me how much crap some of us boat owners have to go through with our new boats. Luckily I have Brian at Paradise Watersports in So Cal, they are awesome.

and y'all can hate on MB, but at least they give you the essential basics "free" not as options. I mean a stereo (just a headunit and four speakers!!!) and a depth finder are options?! The walkway windblock is an option? I'm surprised the rudder and steering wheel aren't optional.

Who hates on MB around here? If these boats were equally optioned out I would take a 21 MB anyday over the NXT. Maybe seeing in person would change my mind, but the boat just seems so torn down compared to the X series. I do hope MB will come out with a surf system, that is one area I think the boat is lacking.

Who hates on MB around here? If these boats were equally optioned out I would take a 21 MB anyday over the NXT. Maybe seeing in person would change my mind, but the boat just seems so torn down compared to the X series. I do hope MB will come out with a surf system, that is one area I think the boat is lacking.

Not many. Tone is so hard to convey in writing. That should've been read in semi-sarcastic font!

LOL, here's what we know so far about the allegedly forthcoming MB surf system. First, there's alleged to be a surf system. Second, It's gonna be retrofittable to older boats (yay!), and third it's gonna look something like this:

rurumu2u.jpg

Maybe they should have given parks a pack of smokes and a bottle of JD in his lap. Probably could of tucked up a cig behind his ear. Of all the MC team riders why do they always use him, I would think a clean cut kid would pursued more folks to be interested in the brand. Most people who buy a new boat don't follow pro boarders, they could care less who parks is. Parks was/is a heck of a boarder, just not sure he is the face needed for new MC products.

I guess the guy on WW fell for the "you have seven days to visit your MC dealer and order the first NXT!", I hope it works out for him.

I still can't get over the pink and yellow/blue color schemes for a first run production.

If you want to know the price of a NXT go price one at your local dealer. Whoever posted this on WW is just stirring the pot. Hell, ask anyone the price on a new MXZ and you get 12 different answers. Let's stick with what we know about the boat, which is still very little.

Edited by Tims

​Challenge from myself accepted!!!

1. Axis A22

2. Axis A20

3. MB F21/22

4. Tige R20

5. Malibu Vride 21

6. Malibu VTX

7. Malibu VLX 05-08

8. Malibu LSV 23 07-08

10. SAN 210 07+

11. Moomba mojo

12. Moomba mondo

13. sanger

14. malibu vlx 02-04

I win.

Vlx is not 63k. Most around here are pushing 75k easy...

Moomba mondo and mojo might, might be under 63k around here.

Edited by bamabonners

​Challenge… from myself… accepted!!!

1. Axis A22

2. Axis A20

3. MB F21/22

4. Tige R20

5. Malibu Vride 21

6. Malibu VTX

7. Malibu VLX 05-08

8. Malibu LSV 23 07-08

10. SAN 210 07+

11. Moomba mojo

12. Moomba mondo

13. sanger

14. malibu vlx 02-04

I win….

No T22 on the list?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you want to know the price of a NXT go price one at your local dealer. Whoever posted this on WW is just stirring the pot. Hell, ask anyone the price on a new MXZ and you get 12 different answers. Let's stick with what we know about the boat, which is still very little.

So you're saying that's not an actual price sheet from a dealer?

Vlx is not 63k. Most around here are pushing 75k easy...

Moomba mondo and mojo might, might be under 63k around here.

2008 VLXs are 75k where you are? If so, I'm buying 3 flatbeds and will be arriving this weekend.