Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft NXT.

UpperleftWake

Is it me, or does that tower look like an after thought? I think MC is scrambling to find a way to gain back some market share since the introduction of all of these surf systems.

Tower looks absolutely terrible, and the windshield looks terrible.

Wind sheild looks identical to the one on the new Prostar and the tower to me looks like a Roswell - same thing that Moomba uses

Edited by oldjeep

As much as I find that boat ugly and dislike mc in general, I would be impressed if you could by a vdrive from one of the big 3 or 4 for 50k! Who makes one now? Moomba? I'd be interested to see what the overall fit and finish is on the nxt. They have to be cutting corners somehow...

• Like 2

That's going after Axis and Moomba.

Facebook says $50k allll day.

Purple color is ugly... A black tower on that boat would go a long way vs white. That hull design looks good.

They are going to sell a lot of those.

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV

That boat is :vomit: tower looks horrible and not even in the correct position. Looks like the driver seat is the same as the new prostar which looks horrible. I haven't sat in it yet so I can't comment on that but based on looks I would never buy it. Maybe it starts at 50k, but what happens when you add a few options. You are at 60-65k. You can have a pretty nice t22 for that price and it doesn't look like a pile of poop.

I used to really like mc but man I don't know what they are thinking lately.

I love the lines and hips on the MC boats. I like the window, makes it easier to grab a dock, pick up a ski, talk to a rider. However......that tower is ugly.

I think that Moomba owns the under 60k market. They are impressive.

Personally, I think that Malibu needs to reintroduce the vRide in that price range with malibu styling (not Axis).

• Like 1

Response to T22 plain and simple. One of the big keys to Malibu's successful rollout of Axis was that it wouldn't eat into Malibu's sales, which, given that SEC filing, it hasn't. I'm sure they'll sell these, but will it be eating into the rest of the MC lineup (read: profitability)?

I kind of like that combo. The texas mastercraft X-star last year was pretty sweet in that combo. I'm sure MC saw the wakeworld posts raving about it.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

I hate to say it but the viability of this boat is going to be hinged a lot on a surf system. Surfing is absolutely huge and no one is going to buy a 50-60K boat without one when they can get an axis with SG or Moomba.

If MC can outfit it with some kind surf system like Moomba (and it works) and keep it around 50K base price then it is going to sell like freaking hot cakes.

The color and the tower color are kind of irrelevant. Those can be changed. And as Ryan says, a black tower would look way better.

If they do this right, this thing will be absolutely huge for MC. It will eat into Axis and Moomba both.

Very smart move IMO

Edited by DocPhilMD

Windshield takes after teh newer Chris Crafts, I think CC did it better. The tower needs to be reversed, imo, to follow the line of the windshield and obviously moved forward. I do like the hips to break up the long side lines, adn the little V on the aft is a nice touch. I think in a better color and matching tower, it wouldn't be a bad boat.

Response to T22 plain and simple. One of the big keys to Malibu's successful rollout of Axis was that it wouldn't eat into Malibu's sales, which, given that SEC filing, it hasn't. I'm sure they'll sell these, but will it be eating into the rest of the MC lineup (read: profitability)?

I kind of like that combo. The texas mastercraft X-star last year was pretty sweet in that combo. I'm sure MC saw the wakeworld posts raving about it.

More of a response to the entire Axis lineup and the ever increasing price of boats. In terms of direct competition, the A20 is it's main competitor. Starting in the high $40k range and being a 20 foot boat puts it right next to the A20.

I'm sure there will be more models to come.

The interesting part is that the marketing mumbo jumbo on the website says that they have some new features coming with this boat. I'd be interested in seeing what those features are. Also interested if they'll "keep up with the jones's" and put a surf system on this boat.