Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft NXT.

UpperleftWake

What is the main competition for the NXT? I would think the T22 or A22 would be close in price, I still do not believe the boat will be $50k, I am guessing $55-60k when it has all the options people will want and a decent trailer. I could be wrong, maybe it will be well equipped at $50k, it just sounds near impossible to buy a new MC for $50k. Even the Supreme or Moomba might be close in price offering 95-96" beam width.

Maybe they don't plan to offer many options. They could deck it out with options they feel are right for the boat that most buyers would want and limit the remaining options to things like bimini top, dual axle trailer, etc. Malibu did a similar thing with the Tantrum in the late 90's.

"Unleash the action immediately" is what I am reading on there website, that sounds like some type of quick fill ballast???

91" beam seems like a bad idea, especially when the new T22 has a 102" beam. You would really feel the difference between a 102" beam and 91".

If you google the word "rotocast" you will find that that's the word that MC uses to describe their ballast tanks in their other boats. Stands to reason that they will be the same. Now if you think about three tanks that together weigh less than 1k... "Immediately" may not be far from the mark on fill times.

What is the main competition for the NXT?

Axis A20, Moomba Outback V and Mondo, Supreme V208.

Pretty much any 20' budget boat...which will still be bigger than the NXT. The ONLY people that are going to buy this thing will be:

- People who just want the Mastercraft name

- Uninformed consumers that got suckered by a sales pitch

Otherwise, why buy this when the competition sells a clearly better product for similar money. For as small as this thing is, they should have just brought the V205 hull back.

• Like 2

Ours too. It had sound pack 2, tricked out metal flake gel and trailer, PNP, wedge, but it had the 330. It basically had everything except a motor upgrade and it was still $65k, even without Sound pack 3. It would be $70k with a 350 and sound pack 3, and mid 70s with LS3.

Pretty much any 20' budget boat...which will still be bigger than the NXT. The ONLY people that are going to buy this thing will be:

Otherwise, why buy this when the competition sells a clearly better product for similar money. For as small as this thing is, they should have just brought the V205 hull back.

Great points, I keep overlooking the 20' length as well. What is the Axis A20 selling for? the A20 has a 98" beam... and I also do not understand installing a color screen, when they could just do analog gauges and toggle switches and use the savings to add to other areas of the boat. Its always nice for consumers to have some other options, until the finished product is released it will be tough to make an apples to apples comparison with other brands.

Great points, I keep overlooking the 20' length as well. What is the Axis A20 selling for? the A20 has a 98" beam... and I also do not understand installing a color screen, when they could just do analog gauges and toggle switches and use the savings to add to other areas of the boat. Its always nice for consumers to have some other options, until the finished product is released it will be tough to make an apples to apples comparison with other brands.

under 50 easily if you use some discretion with options

I know..... Why buy it? I mean, we know exactly how the inside will feel, how uncomfortable it will be, how poorly the screen will work, and how bad the wake will be!! However, there are suckers born every day, that will go out, sit in, look at, demo, and ride this thing, before knowing what is good and what is not.

Seems like an awful lot of work, though. Especially when we can tell you it will be a garbage, before ever even seeing a production unit.

Jussayin.....

• Like 1

At least they are giving it an option other than that gawdawful robotron of a tower used on their "premium" line. :Doh:

Now if they will just make them in normal colors & not following the bass boat fad.

• Like 2

As far as competition don't forget the Tige R20. It has a 94" beam.

In regards to beam vs. interior space it looks like the gunwales are thinner like the new ProStar and the interior side walls are nearly vertical. I would bet interior space will be similar to the Tige because of that design. Still, I am surprised it isn't a bit wider. Maybe for trailering visibility for inboard noobs? Can't see around my Echelon in my wife's mid-size SUV and it's 90".

From what I have heard from a local that knows something, they are expecting to make different size NXTs. The small one has been the show model so far. Supposedly one will be here in Knoxville for the boat show, more complete than the previous display model.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Kiwi that happens all the time here :lol:

I was thinking in my case it's all about how well they surf. I am just happy to see another boat that could fit in my price range someday.

So we have:

Axis T22

NXT

Supreme

Used 23LSV

Vride

All around the same price. This is where I'd be shopping. Which one will surf the best listed or not? Function over form.

Edited by Ruffdog

Right now I would say the Supreme or used LSV.

If the T22 can put out a new LSV Surfgate wave it would be a close competitor. Problem is you will need a big motor upgrade in the T22 to be able to use the boat and make the wave I know you will want. That may reach out of the price range at that point.

The Supreme is honestly the best surf buyers budget boat out there. Damn nice for the price, with proven performance.

• Like 2

Lol, no. But I know a lot folks who have and trust those opinions.

I looked at those boats real hard at the show and was very impressed inside and out( minus IX tower). The deep v don't lie. Makes it a good surf boat for sure, just not as versatile.

Supreme struck me as a price point boat in price only.... Exterior and interior were on par with the biggies for the most part. No overwhelming use of plastic like in the other price points..... Quality interior.... Just everything analog. Kinda fits where MB is and where Vride used to be.

I have yet to ride behind a supreme. Have you?

Two years ago I went out with Chase Hazen on a Supreme, it was a surf clinic on one of our local lakes. They had the boat hevily weighted with lead, bags, etc... not sure on total weight but the wave was one of the best I have seen before. I cant recall what model, I believe it was the 23'er, but it was a far better wake than the 23' MB I was behind this summer. The boat is super simple but really nice and seems to be well built. Comes standard with GPS zero off, we did not wakeboard behind the boat, but I am sure it would be plenty for a large majority of riders.