Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft NXT.

UpperleftWake

Well, my 13 Star was 122k with every option except cockpit table. (Including 7.4l, and power tower and triaxle trailer) my 12 X25 was fully loaded with a 6.2 and power tower, and it was 102k. My 2009 23 LSV was only 73k IIRC....

When I shopped this year, this is what I got for prices-

2014 X25 all options, 7.4l, tandem trailer (no power tower)- 108,600

2014 X30 optioned same as 25- 105,700

2014 Supra SC 550 loaded with trailer- 102,300

2014 G21 loaded with LSA and trailer- 127,600

2014 G23 ". "- 135,850

2014 23 LSV loaded with LSA and trailer- 122,000 from one dealer, and 111,600 from another dealer today..... He finally got back to me. First dealer would have probably negotiated a lot, but sticker shocked me at the time.

I remember a time when Malibu was 10k cheaper than MC, and supra was 10k below that. I think those days are over. The MSRP on the 23LSV and MC X30 were almost identical, and the SC was about 4k less than that. All right about 140-145k MSRP. The G series was in the 153- 162 range depending on G21 or G23.

Dropping the big engine, for an LS3, would drop those prices about 10k each.

It seems like all companies had a big price increase this year, except MC and Nautique. I couldn't believe the price difference from a 13 LSV to a 14. That being said, I think a normally optioned 23 LSV could be had for about 90-95k with good negotiation..... LSA is big $$$

There was about a 20-30K difference between an equally optioned X-30 compared to my LSV where I live. (with the LSV being cheaper)

I can't imagine why anyone would go with the X-30 around here but to each his own.

Seems like a no brainer to go with the X-30 in your neck of the woods

the supra and the G23 prices seem pretty comparable to what I can get.

Shocking how different the prices can be

Edited by DocPhilMD

There was about a 20-30K difference between an equally optioned X-30 compared to my LSV where I live. (with the LSV being cheaper)

I can't imagine why anyone would go with the X-30 around here but to each his own.

Seems like a no brainer to go with the X-30 in your neck of the woods

the supra and the G23 prices seem pretty comparable to what I can get.

Shocking how different the prices can be

I think your MC dealer just didn't want to deal on it. I had the same kind of thing with my Bu dealer. The lower quote was from a further dealer. The MSRPs were the same.... Why not be the same on sale price???

No matter. Sounds like we both got a great deal on what we wanted in our respective areas.

I think your MC dealer just didn't want to deal on it. I had the same kind of thing with my Bu dealer. The lower quote was from a further dealer. The MSRPs were the same.... Why not be the same on sale price???

No matter. Sounds like we both got a great deal on what we wanted in our respective areas.

You might be right

But with how rude and childish the MC salesman acted when I told him I was going Bu, I'm quite happy he didn't want to deal.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46899-bitter-dealer/

They'll do the same thing Axis, Epic and Moomba have done to get their boats under the 60k mark.

Cheaper towers

Plastic everywhere

Plastic dashes

Cheaper vinyl and less vinyl

Everything analog

If Supreme had a surf system, they'd own the price point market at $50k.

You might be right

But with how rude and childish the MC salesman acted when I told him I was going Bu, I'm quite happy he didn't want to deal.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46899-bitter-dealer/

Ya, I didn't have that problem. The Malibu dealer in my area is really good. Same with MC and Nautique. The old supra/moomba dealer was terrible. The new one is run by really good people.

Heck no. But my state credits you for the sale of the last boat, so I don't have any taxes this year, because my Star sold for more than the new boat.

If I didn't have a boat that I just sold, it would add another 6-7k on all of those prices

I'm in the northeast

That is a great program, in California you get no "credit" for selling a boat towards a new purchase. You pay the 7.5-9% sales tax on the new purchase, no surprise here, California gives you nothing for free, although the weather is awesome :)

^^^ Great point, never considered the issues with the name being the same. I am really interested to see what the final product will end up looking like, still cant figure out why they did not reveal the boat when its fully completed, not a great reveal strategy imo. Cant think of any boat maker releasing a boat without a steering wheel/helm/throttle and then tells you to sign up for updates as the boat reaches final design?

I bet they did this to try and hold off people buying a new Axis or other entry boat to think about the NxT even if it wasn't ready. If they hold off even a month or two MC has time to "set the hook" with more details.

Edited by SouthsideBoarder
  • Like 1
I bet they did this to try and hold off people buying a new Axis or other entry boat to think about the NxT even if it wasn't ready. If they hold off even a month or two MC has time to "set the hook" with more details.

Agree 100%

• Like 1

My 03 Sunscape has no wedge, no digital helm, no Surfgate or a tower but i still have many good time with it. I am sure there is a big market for a 50K boat... Same reaseon why Porsche begun the release "entry level" Models - making more money...

Edited by Steeli

What will be the differences from a loaded up X-25 or any comparable MC to reduce the cost down? Trying to think of ways they can take a $125k boat and sell it for $50k?

Cheaper vinyl

No rear facing seats

Windshield sides removed

Tower

Dash/helm (no electronics - toggle switches)

Cable throttle (no throttle by wire)

Paddlewheel speed control

No foam

Different seat basins

Base stereo

No surf system

Single axle trailer

Anything else?

Sounds right, except the cable throttle. I think DBW is just standard on these motors now and pretty cheap to implement. It will basically be an Axis / Moomba.

Out of all the budget boats, I really like the Moomba. It has:

Rear facing seats

Foam

Surf System

Nice dash

Full windshield

Very nice vinyl

Speed Control

Hard tank ballast + plug and play

Mid 50"s all day long....

Will be interesting to see how the new MC compares.

• Like 1

Out of all the budget boats, I really like the Moomba. It has:<br /> <br />Rear facing seats<br />Foam<br />Surf System<br />Nice dash<br />Full windshield<br />Very nice vinyl<br />Speed Control<br />Hard tank ballast + plug and play<br /> <br />Mid 50"s all day long....<br /> <br />Will be interesting to see how the new MC compares.

<br /><br />Is it 1800 lbs factory then you can add plug and play? The dealer said it just had 1800, didn't mention PNP.
  • 3 weeks later...

91" beam. When the budget direct competitors are 96 - 98" for similar money, why bother? One of the biggest complaints of the 205V hull was the interior space; 1st X-star which became the X2 and then the X1 were all 20'7" with a 90" beam and cramped.

rotocast looks like it just refers to traditional "hard tank" ballast tanks.

"Unleash the action immediately" is what I am reading on there website, that sounds like some type of quick fill ballast???

91" beam seems like a bad idea, especially when the new T22 has a 102" beam. You would really feel the difference between a 102" beam and 91".

What is the main competition for the NXT? I would think the T22 or A22 would be close in price, I still do not believe the boat will be $50k, I am guessing $55-60k when it has all the options people will want and a decent trailer. I could be wrong, maybe it will be well equipped at $50k, it just sounds near impossible to buy a new MC for $50k. Even the Supreme or Moomba might be close in price offering 95-96" beam width.

its got a freaking color touch screen ... Why why why. that to me is a waste. In a price point boat people dont want or need a color touchscreen. Just one more thing to go wrong.