Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft NXT.

UpperleftWake

I'm diggin' everything about the NXT except for the tower location and tower color. The tower should be black. Love the colors on the boat. I bought new LSV's in 2004, 2008, and 2010. I cannot bring myself to pay what Malibu is asking for the 2014 LSV. In addition, I do not like the new surf seats and bow armrests on the 2014 LSV. I also am not a fan of all of the new electronics.

If I were buying a new boat tomorrow I would be checking out the NXT first. I am patiently waiting for the market to dictate to the manufacturers that we are simply not willing to pay over 100K for a boat that fits in the garage. Not no how, not no way.

I'm diggin' everything about the NXT except for the tower location and tower color. The tower should be black. Love the colors on the boat. I bought new LSV's in 2004, 2008, and 2010. I cannot bring myself to pay what Malibu is asking for the 2014 LSV. In addition, I do not like the new surf seats and bow armrests on the 2014 LSV. I also am not a fan of all of the new electronics.

If I were buying a new boat tomorrow I would be checking out the NXT first. I am patiently waiting for the market to dictate to the manufacturers that we are simply not willing to pay over 100K for a boat that fits in the garage. Not no how, not no way.

How patient are you?

----getting on soap box here-----

Either way, my new boat buying days are over. No way am I paying the current prices of new boats. I have a feeling that more people are thinking this exact thing as well. the market is driving the big boys to make more inexpensive boats.

---off of soap box-----

Agreed. No way I see myself buying a new boat anytime soon.

I like it. Looks like an Axis type styling but a bit more sharper. Don't really care for the tower either.

Just something about saying you have a "Mastercraft" boat even when it is a budget line. The boat is still a Mastercraft.

I have always felt buying an Axis is not not like saying you own a Malibu. I know they are built by Malibu at Malibu but they don't say Malibu on the side of the boat.

A lot goes with the name of the boat. I'm sure everybody knows someone that owns a Nautique simply because it says Nautique on the side the of the boat. Same can be said for Malibu or Mastercraft.

• Like 3

----getting on soap box here-----

Either way, my new boat buying days are over. No way am I paying the current prices of new boats. I have a feeling that more people are thinking this exact thing as well. the market is driving the big boys to make more inexpensive boats.

---off of soap box-----

??? Didn't you just get a new boat less then a year ago? Prices can't be that different. ;)

For $50k with ballast, pp, and a surf system this would be a really good buy. I am with Doc, as soon as you throw some options more than likely $60k???? I think its a smart move for MC, they are going to sell a bunch of these. I would expect they will take some market share from Axis, MB, Moomba, Sanger and Supreme.

People who purchase the first round will more than likely get the best pricing, Axis was really cheap the first year it was introduced, as it has gained popularity the pricing has climbed.

• Like 1

For $50k with ballast, pp, and a surf system this would be a really good buy. I am with Doc, as soon as you throw some options more than likely $60k???? I think its a smart move for MC, they are going to sell a bunch of these. I would expect they will take some market share from Axis, MB, Moomba, Sanger and Supreme.

People who purchase the first round will more than likely get the best pricing, Axis was really cheap the first year it was introduced, as it has gained popularity the pricing has climbed.

I think the same thing will happen with this NXT. The only MFR to figure out the appropriate formula for an inexpensive, family friendly wake boat has been Moomba, IMO. Anyone on this site knows that I'm a true DD guy, but I do love the looks, features, and space that the VD platforms offer.....it's just not for me.

I also agree with bamabonners.....I never see myself buying new. If there are more like us....the pricing should drop, theoretically.

Am I the only one old enough to remember that when the X2 came out MC was stoked to state that they had a 45K wakeboat? But that was a single axle trailer and in subsequent years the price escalated rapidly because of perceived demand for options.

I think the comment above about the old Tantrum rings true to me. Customers would complain about no touch screen, and no this and no that...but they would still buy them all day long. There is a fine line to listening to what customers say, and noticing what they actually buy.

If MC can really do this, and it test drives reasonably well, this will be a home run. But I bet that the 50K version is going to be so stripped down, that you will be up to 65K by the time you add stuff. Wouldn't surpise me if the base engine is a carbed 285 HP engine.

The real genius in this boat being rushed to market is that a whole bunch of would be Moomba buyers just decided to wait.

It's only a 20ft boat, all new hull, most folks will have them optioned in the high 50s. Avail late this summer.

Also... Word is MC is developing a boat to better compete with the G23.

Expect 2-3 new boats a year for the next 2-3yrs from MC.

Edited by nyryan2001

??? Didn't you just get a new boat less then a year ago? Prices can't be that different. ;)

All makers have gone up 5-8% from last year. Used 2012 x2 are going for what I paid for a new 2013 the week before July 4, 2013 (for future reference, never buy a boat the week before July 4…). LOL!

Am I the only one old enough to remember that when the X2 came out MC was stoked to state that they had a 45K wakeboat? But that was a single axle trailer and in subsequent years the price escalated rapidly because of perceived demand for options…...

My x2 was sticker at 70k with single axle trailer and mostly base options. A decked out x2 with pro package and upgraded tower will be around 5k add on, add on tower speakers, a little flake paint, tandem trailer with upgrade wheels and tires…. now you are pushing 80.

VTX I looked at was around same price as x2. 20 mxz started in upper 70s. For reference, the VLX I bought in 2011 had a sticker price of 73k and had tandem trailer, upgraded wheels, lots of metal flake, and sound pack 3. That VLX would probably 7-8k more now, and thats being conservative.

It will be interesting to see how the boat is priced after year 3.

• Like 1

I like it... i think they are not shure yet if electronic or analog Dash... Maybe depend on the Budget. I am intresting in the final Version and included Options for 50K

Edited by Steeli

What ever happened to MC's last "price point" boat, the X1?

Too narrow of a beam vs. today's competition and they would have had to do a rear re-design to fit the Ilmor manifolds. From what I've read, at least.

I have a "real" MasterCraft in the garage. I can't wait to compare the quality of real MC to the NXT. I like Supra boats, but not Moomba. I like Malibu, but not Axis.