Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft NXT.

UpperleftWake

Aside from the color, I actually like it. I especially like the fact that it has a Teak platform. I hate to be a 'bu trader, but I may look into buying one of these depending on options..... and better pics.

Just to clear the air....a crossover boat is suppose to Ski well and then do a little of everything else. These boats are usually 20 footers and could be direct drive or Vdrive. I never thought of the VLX as a crossover....that's all.

The VLX is a premier surf boat. Got it!! :)

Just to clear the air....a crossover boat is suppose to Ski well and then do a little of everything else. These boats are usually 20 footers and could be direct drive or Vdrive. I never thought of the VLX as a crossover....that's all.

That's because all you like to do is surf for 6 hours straight and burn 40gal... I think the vlx is a great do it all boat, call it whatever you want.

You should get a Porsche 911 and only drive it to get groceries...... Hahahaha!

Edited by NorrisMike

Prater flats. I am sure I have seen the sacked out green goblin luring around. No MasterCraft's in sight.

Haha. My old boat is the red Centurion at the end of the line at the beginning of the video. My friend walks by the camera pretty early their.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Prater flats. I am sure I have seen the sacked out green goblin luring around. No MasterCraft's in sight.

Lies... First boat on the right with a tower is an MC :tease1:

I too believe its a good crossover boat. Crossover to me means its does a lot of things good, just not slalom skiing. It has an excellent wakeboard wake, good surf wake and decent slalom wake. I cant really say the VLX is a surf machine, because it really is not the premier surf boat in the Malibu lineup. Plenty for some of us, but not in the same league as a new LSV or 247. You seem to enjoy your VLX surf wake, and really that is all that matters... whatever someone else says about it means nothing.

Edited by Fman

^^^^Tims was just busting my chops calling the VLX a premier surf boat. Looking forward to seeing a dialed LSV wave. I wonder how much better it really is.

So does the VTX and this NXT also qualify as crossover boats?

^^^^Tims was just busting my chops calling the VLX a premier surf boat. Looking forward to seeing a dialed LSV wave. I wonder how much better it really is.

The VTX is a crossover boat. Not sure what can be said about the NXT for now.

I have surfed behind a few different boats, bigger 22-23' boats and I have yet to surf behind one that allows me to perform any better than behind my VLX. I am waiting for the wake that actually makes me surf better. I have come to the conclusion it's the rider that makes the wake, more so than the wake that makes you a better rider. This also applies to wakeboarding as well.

• Like 3

I have surfed behind a few different boats, bigger 22-23' boats and I have yet to surf behind one that allows me to perform any better than behind my VLX. I am waiting for the wake that actually makes me surf better. I have come to the conclusion it's the rider that makes the wake, more so than the wake that makes you a better rider. This also applies to wakeboarding as well.

I can get you out on a 23' Enzo if you would like to check one out. IMO, the standard wave is significantly better but the goofy wave leaves a little to be desired. I now ride switch behind the Enzo. I have also found that as you get used to "your" wave (the one you are most familiar with), the more you get used to the characteristics it has. To me, this means even though another wave might be "better", you may not like it as much at first because its not what you are used to. It takes a little time to get the feel of the characteristics of a new wave. At least thats the case with me at my skill level. I have a relatively small sweet spot behind the VLX compared to the Enzo which has a much longer wave. I found myself staying to close to the boat and not using the whole wave because i was affraid of falling out the back which is what I would do if I were behind my boat. I also felt the Enzo didn't have the push that mine had in that small sweet spot. I am working to flatten out my wave now which is also making it longer and more useable. I find it amazing how much you can change the shape and characteristics of the wave. Its the seemingly never ending quest to dial it in.

Hopefully, in a couple of weeks I get to try out surfing behind Centurion Enzo 24 ft. He is in the process of fixing up the goofy wave. Something about adding a asymmetric plate to eliminate the prop wash. Right now it's now surfable on that side. You could buy these boats with the prop working in either direction because of this.

Next week I also get to surf 2 different Malibus and two different Axis boats for Malibu customer appreciation weekend. My dealer is hooking it up. I have a feeling I am going to miss my own wave. It's all fun with the Soulcraft!!

Edited by Afun

My friend was told by his dealer that the little tab in the rudder could be turned to help clean up the goofy wave. It seemed to help but still not anywhere near what the regular wave is. The regular wave is pretty spectacular. So clean and loooonnnnnggggg. Much easier for me to ride switch (im goofy :crazy: ) behind his boat than mine.

I have been trying to tell guys for years, a short, super tall wave is NO fun. A shorter, longer wave is what will give you more ability to pull tricks off. You have more room to play and even more room to recover.

I always laugh when I see these photos of super tall waist or chest high waves that have a pocket of about 10 feet. Not only is it not enough room to do anything, the wave is so steep it's like falling off a cliff if you ride down from the top into the flats.

• Like 3

I would love to go out behind the Enzo, let me know when you are going. I surfed a Supreme v226, MB 23 twb, 08 lsv, x-15, Supra 22ssv and my 11/13 VLX. The Supreme had the best wave of all of these boats. I still could not pull off a 360, I can get the board turned around but I can't stay in the wake. I will be a believer when I can spin a 360 and stay in the wake. I'm just a crappy surfer, if I had more skills with any of these boats I could more than likely pull off some shove it's, 180's and 360's.

Brian, what speed are you surfing the VLX at? I'm at 11.4. We always go out and I never really get to tweak the wave much because people want to ride... I need a solid R&D day!

Edited by Fman

My Surfgate wave is always a little taller towards the rear of the wave. I was telling Ruffdog that I have to pump the board to the very front of the wave to do an aerial. I tend to hang out in the rear of the wave. If I go a little faster around 12mph it flattens out the wave, but it was too fast for me. I will try it again! So much to do, so little time.

I think the big difference between my wave and the enzo, aside from length, is the steepness of the face. mine seems to be more of a wall and has a bit of a trough at the bottom, where his is a smooth concave curve. Thats why I am trying to flatten it out, to get rid of that trough. I have had it dialed like that a few times but it seems to lack the push that i need to push my 270+ body around. I ride about the same speed. I start at 11.0 and usually end up between 11.4-11.8. I feel like I am contstantly trying different things becasue Im looking for what feels best for me on that day. I have been surfing a lot less lately. I think I have only surfed twice behind my boat since last fall.

I find it kind of funny. I have a few flat brimmed hats, a couple pair of "bro shades" (prescription now that I'm getting older) and I love EZ-E (from the NWA days of course). Good thing I don't have Rev 10's yet or I might be close to fitting the description of a MC DB. No tats yet so I guess that makes me more of a classy malibu guy.

I am halfway there too, drive the lifted truck, bought the blinged out, metal flake boat, (malibu though) have several teenagers wit me on most outings (my own kids: -))

To the lake, go we must.

It is, however, universally true that all Prius owners are terrible, terrible drivers.

Hey hey hey, easy with that! I bought my Prius for two reasons.

1. Felt like I needed to offset the emissions from having a diesel, boat, and off road toys (okay, that's a lie, I really don't care about the emissions, but sounds good :) )

2. My gas bill went from $1000 a month driving my truck (only counting work, not pleasure) to $240 a month.

I may have had to lose a point on my man card, but I'll gladly take the extra cash a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey hey hey, easy with that! I bought my Prius for two reasons.

1. Felt like I needed to offset the emissions from having a diesel, boat, and off road toys (okay, that's a lie, I really don't care about the emissions, but sounds good :) )

2. My gas bill went from $1000 a month driving my truck (only counting work, not pleasure) to $240 a month.

I may have had to lose a point on my man card, but I'll gladly take the extra cash a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO way!!! You didn't lose a point, you added one, saving $750 a month is cool no matter what lame car you drive :biggrin:

I did the same thing, but not a prius… I bought an old high-mileage civic for $400 to drive to work, total into it now $1200. After 2 years I have had zero problems and average 38 mpg. My yearly fuel bill for that car last year was $520.

Back to the NXT. Are there any more wake pictures?

Boy this thread got derailed quick.

Yeah back to the sick wake pics of the new NXT, that you carry in the back of your truck.

Are there any sick wake pics? About the only pics I have seen is a boat that looks weighted improperly with massive bow rise and a guy flying off a jump on a tube. Maybe this is there target audience?

• Like 3

i just watched the "7 clips with travis pastrana" on alliance. The first 6 basically show that the boat fits into a garage, you can tube behind it, do a HS backside 180, can do a tantrum off the double up, and surf a baby wave. The final video actually shows a few wakeboarding clips, the angle is from behind the rider so you cannot see the wake size or shape, but at least there was some wakeboarding being done.

I WILL have to go to MasterCraft and see one in person, sit in it, and give it the ol' sniff test before I'd buy it. After keeping track with this post for days, I know there are other boats that are comparable in price. Im anxious to see how well the marketing holds true to what they promise.