Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft NXT.

UpperleftWake

LOL, Eazy-E... c'mon old guys, he died 19 years ago. Pretty sure 95 out of 100 flatbillers don't know who he is.

(classic gangsta btw. not something I'll blast on the lake but certainly in my car for personal listening. Think office space)

• Like 3

Sad, I'll never get to enjoy a new boat. Or one that is less then 6 years old.

$50k all day***

***Just sell your old boat without the trailer, and install your own stereo, ballast, bimini, cleats, carpet, ski pylon, deck trak, tracking fins, and cover.

• Like 2

Sad, I'll never get to enjoy a new boat. Or one that is less then 6 years old.

Don't give up so soon...you could do 30 or 40 years financing....who cares you got yourself a new boat!! Life is short...enjoy

I live 10 min by water from Prater....and I am not allowed over there :)

What Mama don't know, won't hurt her.

Edited by Malibudude
Inappropriate Image
  • Like 2

There Gen 2 surf tabs, and have an actuator on them. Isn't that worth $5,600!? Craziness... That boat for $70k is insane... Heck that is about what I paid for my VLX! Not sure what MC was thinking, $50k all day. I hope people go in wanting the $50k all day deal and then head over to Axis, MB or Moomba and purchase one of there boats. It's false advertising and I hope it backfires on them.

Don't give up so soon...you could do 30 or 40 years financing....who cares you got yourself a new boat!! Life is short...enjoy

I tried that with the wife. Didn't go over so well. In the spring & summer I want a new boat. Fall & winter I am very happy my pyt is $150.00 & could careless. Funny how that works

I tried that with the wife. Didn't go over so well. In the spring & summer I want a new boat. Fall & winter I am very happy my pyt is $150.00 & could careless. Funny how that works

I sold a car I wasn't using and paid off my wife's car before I bought the VLX. I almost forgot, I paid off a big credit card too. I understand the feeling of having a big payment. I am sure you deserve a new boat. Wait for that 2015 VLX....I here it's going to have turbo in it...

There Gen 2 surf tabs, and have an actuator on them. Isn't that worth $5,600!? Craziness... That boat for $70k is insane... Heck that is about what I paid for my VLX! Not sure what MC was thinking, $50k all day. I hope people go in wanting the $50k all day deal and then head over to Axis, MB or Moomba and purchase one of there boats. It's false advertising and I hope it backfires on them.

Actually, they were very clear that it is NOT Gen 2 surf. NXT Surf system is similar, but not completely a Gen 2. I think on Gen 2 the tabs have some extra channels to further direct water or something.

I sold a car I wasn't using and paid off my wife's car before I bought the VLX. I almost forgot, I paid off a big credit card too. I understand the feeling of having a big payment. I am sure you deserve a new boat. Wait for that 2015 VLX....I here it's going to have turbo in it...

My boat payment is pretty close to a car payment (since I make double payments on it), so pretty much I just drive a lame, paid-off, 08 Honda Civic instead of getting a new car every 3 years.

I think surf gate is more like a $5k option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surfgate is around $2400

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This! We are trying to jump down to a single income so getting rid of payments is a big thing. I'm trading down to a used F150 Ecoboost and the wifes card will be paid off. The difference it makes it amazing!

Plus, the 2015s are appealing. When are we looking at release details?

I was at my dealer yesterday and asked about the new VLX, they have heard nothing

... But I doubt Malibu will release any info until mid summer. Maybe it will be the 247 being redesigned to compete with the G25?

I'm expecting new helm design, more freeboard and hopefully some seating changes? The rear facing seat behind the drivers seat in Supras is such a great setup and provides more storage.

I'd REALLY, REALLY like to see a change to the malivue layout and redundancies thrown in.

Lets just hope they do not change the helm (LSV/VTX dash), the VLX dash functions nicely. Would be great to add more freeboard and some rear seating options. I agree with Tims, it really is a good boat that does a lot of things very well. I just towed an advanced rider the past three days, he could not say enough good things about the wakeboard wake, we had it dialed in pretty sweet. He was riding at 75', 23.2 MPH, MLS full, Wedge two clicks up, 700-800 lbs extra in bag weight. I have to take his feedback as legit, he has a 2014 23'er (MB) that already has 135 hours on it.

Edited by Fman

Just to clear the air....a crossover boat is suppose to Ski well and then do a little of everything else. These boats are usually 20 footers and could be direct drive or Vdrive. I never thought of the VLX as a crossover....that's all.