Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft NXT.

UpperleftWake

well the first NXT hit our lake this weekend... saw it on the water, coming at me I thought it was a G21, looking from the side at a distance I thought it was an Xstar or somthing from the X line.

Lines on the water are A+, boat looks awesome.

Up close it looks like a 100k boat, I'm sure this one was mid-high 70s the way it was optioned.. Does not look or appear in any way a budget boat. Very very impressive looks, styling and initial fit and finish.

Still interested to see how the performance on the NXT pans out with the narrow beam.

I had one of these quoted to me by local MC dealer, with some options (I tried keeping it as cheap as I could) it is gonna be $83K.

They have one at my local MC dealer placed pretty close to an X2, the X2 makes it look smallish. Buy A20, get surfgate and you will have enough left over for a decent truck.

I had one of these quoted to me by local MC dealer, with some options (I tried keeping it as cheap as I could) it is gonna be $83K.

I'm curious how you managed that, when you can just barely get the MSRP above 83.... Or, that dealer is on crack.

Which options did you pick?

I'm curious how you managed that, when you can just barely get the MSRP above 83.... Or, that dealer is on crack.

Which options did you pick?

TaylorNXT_Page_1_zpsec2d8345.jpgTaylorNXT_Page_2_zps17473dd2.jpgTaylorNXT_Page_3_zpsf177cca2.jpg

Ok.... So, you checked every box. That makes sense.....

Now, being as MC is running the same price structure on the NXT, (unlike the other price point boats, that run narrower margins) as they do with the x series boats, you would want to multiply that by .80, which is a typical good deal on an MC. That would be a price of about 66k...... Even if you only got an average deal, at a 15% discount, that is about 70k.

IMO, not that bad, for what you are getting. I did a spec for a dealer, that they wanted my opinion on. (They don't have anyone on staff that really knows what most core riders would absolutely have to have, so they asked for my help) the goal, was to get everything a core rider "needs", have it be stylish, and have a sale price of less than 60k. That boat is coming in with ZO, factory ballast, tower. (Standard), and some flake, carpet, pop up cleats, spinning racks, surf system, depth/temp, tracking fins, cover, mirror, a 4 speaker fusion/JL system, fusion Bluetooth, and heater. MSRP of 73k, and a sale price of $59,950.00

• Like 1

I believe that is because it includes having to weld the mounting frame and bracket on as well. Still pretty steep, just to have a spare

Jeeze, the carrier is standard on a Boatmate. No idea what the original order price is for a spare, but straight from Boatmate it is $200 on the aluminum rim.

Is the "cut" windshield (instead of the full wrap around) THE new thing or just a budget boat thing? Not sure why, but I'm not a fan...

Is the "cut" windshield (instead of the full wrap around) THE new thing or just a budget boat thing? Not sure why, but I'm not a fan...

I don't really care for the look but from a function standpoint, it would be nice. You can pull up to a dock and reach out and grab it without having to get up. Also being able to talk to a downed rider. IMO I think function is more important than aesthetics.

<br /><br />You can order that windshield on most, if not all, mastercrafts. When I was looking, that was an option on the x30.

Auto correct got me... Should have said VTX.

No new vtx around here are under 63k.

VLX is definitely not under 63. Heck, dealer cost is around that on a vlx.

I see you said 2008 vlx, that is more like it...sorry, didn't see the year the first time..

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

I bought my new 13 VTX for 60k

People always say that "you could reach out and grab the dock". I don't get that. One hand is going to do what, exactly, when you're docking? I've never pulled up to a dock in my life where merely putting my hand out would do anything. Are you guys just letting your boat rest against the dock's rubrail or something? My arm just isn't that long or strong. :dontknow:

And as far as function. I'll take the 'function' of keeping spray & wind out of the boat and kids in the boat any day of the week. And I can't even imagine trying to list one of those boats to starboard (or port for that matter) and surf on a breezy day. I know I laugh at my crew on those days.......when they're all fighting to get behind the side window on the port side while I'm all cozy in my driver's seat on the high side. :lol:

Don't take this the wrong way please, but maybe you are coming into the dock a little fast. There isn't hardly ever a time when I pull up to a dock where I couldn't easily stop with one hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't take this the wrong way please, but maybe you are coming into the dock a little fast. There isn't hardly ever a time when I pull up to a dock where I couldn't easily stop with one hand. Don't take that the wrong way, it's your boat. I'm not trying to tell you how to use it at all.

ahopkins22LSV

Don't take this the wrong way please, but maybe you are coming into the dock a little fast. There isn't hardly ever a time when I pull up to a dock where I couldn't easily stop with one hand.

I think his point was that the driver should be paying attention to controlling the boat with the engine and not worrying about grabbing the dock. If you pull up to a dock correctly there should be no grabbing to stop the boat. And your friends should be able to get out easily to tie up the lines.

People always say that "you could reach out and grab the dock". I don't get that. One hand is going to do what, exactly, when you're docking? I've never pulled up to a dock in my life where merely putting my hand out would do anything. Are you guys just letting your boat rest against the dock's rubrail or something? My arm just isn't that long or strong. :dontknow:

And as far as function. I'll take the 'function' of keeping spray & wind out of the boat and kids in the boat any day of the week. And I can't even imagine trying to list one of those boats to starboard (or port for that matter) and surf on a breezy day. I know I laugh at my crew on those days.......when they're all fighting to get behind the side window on the port side while I'm all cozy in my driver's seat on the high side. :lol:

BS, all valid concerns, but I noticed absolutely no wind difference with my axis windshield but the biggest advantage I saw was ease of talking to a downed rider. SOOO much nicer not to c*** your head up to talk over the glass. I loved it. Spray is largely dependent on hull design, wasn't an issue an A22 but that might not necessarily apply to all boats.