Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft NXT.

UpperleftWake

I was curious as to why that hadn't been posted. I'm liking the toggle switches, and that LCD screen looks a little........cheap.....but I guess it is what it is.

Definitely keen to see the whole thing. The crap that is flying over on wake world over this is nuts.

I like it! This is another wonderful Tennessee Company! Coming from Florida, I appreciate all these Corporations we have in this wonderful state! I will still say Axis is a better looking boat, but we still must see what they have to offer.

Edited by Afun

91" seems really small to me. My old sportster would rock and tip all over the place. That 7" added to the axis really helps stabilize the boat when rollers hit you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing the nxt22 (assuming there will be one since the CEO said there would be a line of nxts) will have a wider beam.

Although I'd guess it'd be at least upper 60s, if not higher. I still think bang for the buck is better with the t22 unless you have to have a Mastercraft interior. ...or if that gen2 does make a rideable surf wake 30' back like they say.

• 1 month later...

new walk through from yesterday:

http://mastercraft.yourbrandlive.com/c/nxt20-productintroduction/

No engine options (stuck w 320 hp) and no trailer included. I liked it better than I expected but where are people putting drinks? One in each corner on the floor? And why put the wake shape control behind steering wheel so you have to wedge your hand in there to adjust behind wheel?

Anyone see the bow-high ride while pulling that wakeboarder? extreme rear weight bias is more pronounced on a 20 footer for sure but that was crazy. I'd take T22 or A20 for cheaper all day but I'm sure they'll sell well.

No engine options (stuck w 320 hp) and no trailer included. I liked it better than I expected but where are people putting drinks? One in each corner on the floor? And why put the wake shape control behind steering wheel so you have to wedge your hand in there to adjust behind wheel?

Anyone see the bow-high ride while pulling that wakeboarder? extreme rear weight bias is more pronounced on a 20 footer for sure but that was crazy. I'd take T22 or A20 for cheaper all day but I'm sure they'll sell well.

The link is like the Obamacare website. It's asking me for my personal information prior to viewing the information...What the hell man

I stick with Axis all day long!

Most mc run very bow High, it's good and bad but definitely annoying. Edited by Indyxc

Most mc run very bow High, it's good and bad but definitely annoying.

look at 26:00 minute mark through 27...yes MCs do run bow high especially new star but that is ridiculous

Lot of neat features there, seems like they could have picked a better color combination for the boat that they are showing to the world - barf.

Would it have been that hard to use a boat with a head unit? They release the boat with no helm like what 6 months ago, 6 months later almost into 2015 model year they do an intro video with a 5 inch gap and have a minute of on water footage most of which is consumed by one buy doing 2 transfers and Parks driving. Why does this remind me of X-star launch?

They need to get a new marketing VP. Terrible execution, and of all the colors, pink?? $50k but no trailer, tracking fins, no stereo, 4100 lb boat with only a 320 HP engine, crazy bow rise when towing a rider. The video was also poorly shot, water conditions were terrible, flat billed cap Parks looking all grunged out. I would think you would need a tandem axle trailer with a 4100 lb boat?

Did not seem like a great execution of a new boat line. Guessing after you add a stereo, trailer, tracking fins, other basic options you are in the $65k range??? Seems like Axis or MB would still be a much better buy.

They need to get a new marketing VP. Terrible execution, and of all the colors, pink?? $50k but no trailer, tracking fins, no stereo, 4100 lb boat with only a 320 HP engine, crazy bow rise when towing a rider. The video was also poorly shot, water conditions were terrible, flat billed cap Parks looking all grunged out. I would think you would need a tandem axle trailer with a 4100 lb boat?

Did not seem like a great execution of a new boat line. Guessing after you add a stereo, trailer, tracking fins, other basic options you are in the $65k range??? Seems like Axis or MB would still be a much better buy.

Malibus first Surfgate Video was shot in the dark. I agree with the execution of the promotion. It lacks!

Thats what a guy on WW said...63 as I recall.

and y'all can hate on MB, but at least they give you the essential basics "free" not as options. I mean a stereo (just a headunit and four speakers!!!) and a depth finder are options?! The walkway windblock is an option? I'm surprised the rudder and steering wheel aren't optional.

and y'all can hate on MB, but at least they give you the essential basics "free" not as options. I mean a stereo (just a headunit and four speakers!!!) and a depth finder are options?! The walkway windblock is an option? I'm surprised the rudder and steering wheel aren't optional.

IT'S NOT $50k ALL DAY....if all those things are options. I feel tricked!

• Like 1

IT'S NOT $50k ALL DAY....if all those things are options. I feel tricked!

I doubt they even have anybody order one of the $50k boats. At minimum, most will add a trailer.