Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

$ for '14 23LSV LS3

huskey87

Alright all you new 23 owners... I'd sure like to join your ranks. If you don't mind me asking... For those of you who purchased with the LS3, what did you end up paying after it was all said and done?

Visit your local dealer, price shopping never pays off in the long run. If you don't purchase from your local dealer and have any issues you will be put at the bottom of the list. Keep this is mind when dealer shopping if you have multiple options for dealers.

Just for reference a well optioned out LSV in my area with LS3 is $100k with taxes.

Edited by Fman
  • Like 2

I am not sure how discussing pricing in an open forum is viewed by most dealers.

I was told this was somewhat frowned upon. Maybe some of the more experienced guys can give some guidance here because I am kind of new to this scene

I would be happy to discuss it with you via PM.

A lot of people get great deals from their dealers because they keep buying boats from them. So YMMV when it comes to getting a standard price, you're most likely only going to see an average and from what I can tell between here, WW and the boat shows is 85-110k depending on options and your relationship.

I tend to agree with Doc, go visit your local dealer and start off with a good relationship. Boats are different than vehicles, your dealer can make or break your experience. I would think prices in the states are pretty close across the board, unless you live in Canada add another 20%.

Therr have been some bad stories about people driving four hours to save a few bucks from a different dealer. Then they have a problem and there local dealer won't fix it or put them at the bottom of the list. Nothing worse than having your boat sitting idle during the summer months.

My dealer has been awesome, problems are taken care of immediately. Priceless for me, I never even thought about calling a different dealer when purchasing.

I realize it's a touchy subject. Just trying to gather what real life data I can so that I know kind of the range. Absolutely plan on going through my local dealer. thanks

$99K list price with 350hp and heater here in Ontario, Canada. So I would say $90K final price is reasonable.

Asking for more than that is like asking people how much they make: Some will be open about it, some won't respond and some will be downright offended, dealer or not.

Either way, I don't think we need to get more detailed than percentages because it propbably has very little relevance as to what you can work out with your dealer anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike

I'd say you would be bumping up at $100k. Although some guys have gotten it under $90k which is an incredible deal. My dealer has had 3 23's they ordered with the 350, and the list price was about $120k and boat show price (they keep those prices year round), was in the low 90s, and the LS3 is almost a $10k option.

I was out of state for work and dropped in a dealer who had a 23 they were getting ready for an upcoming boat show. It had the 409 and was well optioned and he said they would probably be marking it at $107K for the show. That seemed pretty high to me.

• Like 1

I know where you are coming from with trying to find anything about the price. Before I got a quote for my new LSV I did hours of research into ballpark prices but that all goes out the window when you start building your boat with the options that you want. There are so many variables here including the engine... Start working with your dealer to see what options you want and how they would price that. I didn't have an accurate idea of what price I am looking at until I actually got a quote.

I tried to pick the brains of other forum users because I found it very difficult to research the subject. The info I got from TMC was all over the place and really not that helpful. I negotiate for a living but I am not good at it when the tables are turned. I tend to find myself being the same as some of my A whole clients when I try to negotiate without correct information. Those "A" types tend to get the best deal and still aren't happy. The ones that pay the most are usually happiest. I just wanted to be somewhere in the middle. I am with Fman in the sense that a positive relationship with your local dealer is worth way more than the few thousand dollar difference that you may save by buying from an outside market. The way I did it was I found similar boats in outside markets and took that info to my local dealer and gave them the opportunity to earn my business. I'm glad they were competitive because my dealership experience both during and after the sale has been fantastic. I'm a bit sad to report that I have needed quite a bit of after the sale contact. I can't imagine being put on the bottom of the list each time I've had a problem.

Edited by isellacuras
  • Like 2

With different options you simply cannot compare one boat price to another. Focus on what the percentage off the retail price is. So easy!

Very true. The devil is in the multiplier.

I don't mind sharing the pricing info, that I have, from when I was shopping....... I was going fully loaded though. Almost every option, lots of flake, TA boatmate trailer, and LSA had an MSRP of $143k. The sale price offer was $122k. (Almost $20k more than the '13 23LSV that I quoted last year) The new LSV took a pretty good jump in price. Lots of improvement though.

Very true. The devil is in the multiplier.

I don't mind sharing the pricing info, that I have, from when I was shopping....... I was going fully loaded though. Almost every option, lots of flake, TA boatmate trailer, and LSA had an MSRP of $143k. The sale price offer was $122k. (Almost $20k more than the '13 23LSV that I quoted last year) The new LSV took a pretty good jump in price. Lots of improvement though.

IMO, that is a terrible deal!! That's not even 20% off. Bare minimum on a deal should be 20% off MSRP, and a good deal will be somewhere around 25% or so.

IMO, that is a terrible deal!! That's not even 20% off. Bare minimum on a deal should be 20% off MSRP, and a good deal will be somewhere around 25% or so.

yes sir, I agree. Had it been in the 105-110k range, I would have considered it in the running.

yes sir, I agree. Had it been in the 105-110k range, I would have considered it in the running.

This illustrates the regional variability of these boats. If I wanted that boat with those options, I could have gotten for 100K flat at my dealer

This illustrates the regional variability of these boats. If I wanted that boat with those options, I could have gotten for 100K flat at my dealer

They would have taken 30% off of MSRP? Is that before or after taxes?

With the trailer and LSA mine would have been between the numbers that would have been workable for him

I can't tell you that because I don't know the MSRP. What do you suppose the MSRP was on my boat? I can tell you if I got 30% off.

I don't really pay attention to MSRP because in my mind it is a made up number that no one pays

My boat has SG, wedge, MLS, PNP, tower color upgrade, dash upgrade, pop up cleats. LSV sound pack with sub, silent tip exhaust, standard trailer, LS3 motor upgrade, cover, 3 outlet heater, mobile device gateway, bimini