Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help me find my new boat

Slayer

The Malibu cruise is perfectly fine for open water skiing, but it will not provide the consistent pulls you can get with PP SG or the Z Box. I've got my RLXi dialed in pretty good so it's 16.95 +/- 0.01 every pass...with 1st and 2nd segments being nearly perfect as well. I couldn't do that with the original PP unless you constantly added lbs for skier weigh, changed for upwind / downwind, and adjust crew weight based on folks in the boat. After SG - set it and forget it. Great investment for sure

Great information. Certainly solidifies my direction. I'll have this boat for a while, so I'm cool with that investment. It's just going to have to happen later rather than sooner. I'll have to live with Malibu cruise for now.

Today is the day! I'm picking up the new to me boat tonight! Pictures will be posted soon. I plan to get a few high quality barely pops and spend a little quality time in the garage with it starting to get her clean and ready for the season.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

Congrats man!! I will have to join in with the beer at home unless you changed your timing of pick up.

I think we all need a beer after this thread!

Haha...Congrats

:plus1: My email inbox needs at least two beers from all of this! :Tease3:

• Like 2

Congrats man!! I will have to join in with the beer at home unless you changed your timing of pick up.

:plus1: My email inbox needs at least two beers from all of this! :Tease3:

Ok....when and where? We'll have to work a few sets in the equation!

No worries, ahopkins! It will happen and happen soon. Also need to dial up Sgt. I've been a little pre-occupied.

So, I'd like to thank all that posted to this thread with thoughts, information, and well wishes. It's been a fun ride. My wife would say otherwise, but that's ok.....she's not yet dropped the hammer on the RLXI! She likes performance and this new boat of ours is so much better than our previous boat, I'm thinking she'll be pleased. I've enjoyed most of the commentary provided in this thread and have really enjoyed some of the comments via PM that were generated from this thread.

I shall officially declare this thread closed! Thanks again, to all! :cheers:

• Like 1