Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"High Level" fader control

h2ojunkie

Anyone have recommendations of a good hi-level fader control? (Already have a WS420 for zone control but I'm looking to fade in a set of speakers vs. the interior sets.) Don't want to blow up an amp with a cheapie or one that doesn't hold up well. Tks

Well,,,,lookin to add another set of speakers to rear/transom of boat. Have 2 amps, Audison 5ch for 4 interior speakers and sub and now adding the rear/transom pair on the rear channel of the Audison amp. (interiors will be @ 2ohm, rear/transom pair will be 4ohm load on amp) The WS Syn2 runs the tower speakers @ 2ohm load. All this runs thru the WS420 but I need "zone" control to fade the interior sets vs the rear transom pair. We want to be able to turn down tower and interior speakers and only have the rear/transom "surf" speakers and sub running for surfing.

After looking over my system and notes ect,,,looks like I need "line level" and not "hi-level" fader control. Only thing I have found so far is the Kicker ZXMRLC Dual zone controller that looks like it will fit the bill. Was hoping to only have one additional knob but looks like it will be two but it looks like it will work.

We want some surf speakers at rear of boat and ability to turn off/on tower,interior, transom speakers and have total control. From my research last couple of days it's go this route or simply disconnect my interior speakers and run "boat" off 420 to the rear/transom pair.

You can use a simple Pac LC-1, which is just a basic RCA line level control. But to do this you may need to reconfigure your RCA's coming from the WS-420 EQ to the Audison 5-channel amplifier, because you're going to need to isolate the RCA's that feed the rear channels that will drive the transom speakers. Not a big deal, just might have to make a small adjustment depending on how the RCA's are currently wired.

Only thing I have found so far is the Kicker ZXMRLC Dual zone controller that looks like it will fit the bill. Was hoping to only have one additional knob but looks like it will be two but it looks like it will work

Although it is a 2 zone controller, you can only use one control knob and one zone.

David is on the mark as usual. After looking at all the wiring configuration and my notes ect....I'm gonna use the rear channel of stereo rca oitput to the Pac LC1 and then to rear channel of Audison amp so I can use the cross over on amp and cut out unwanted bass from rear "surf" speakers. Kenwood stereo has function to adjust frequencies to individual outputs so I can tune speakers some as front outputs are goin to the WS420. So I will be able to use dual zone control of 420 for boat/tower and Pac LC1 for the surf speakers fade control. Again,,, thanks David. Looks like I'm good to go,,now to install speakers and wait for surf season.