Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

06 VLX Ballast Upgrade Suggestions?

Extremewake

I have been looking at the piggy back system from wakemakers.com and I am wondering what weight works the best for the upgrade. I was thinking the 750's but I'm curious what anyone else has done for front weight. I don't have the boat yet, so I don't even know if it has the front hard tank. But, how do you guys weigh your VLX?

750's in the rear of mine, with all 4 ballast tanks and a 1000lb bow sack. When wakeboarding I have to drain a little out of the rear 750's. When surfing I fill the bow sack about 1/2 full.

Have same boat running the bakes valve with separate drain pumps.

750's fit -- 1000's also fit but only fill to 800 or so

you will need some extra bow weight to clean up the wake.

400lb in the walkway works if you have people in the nose

750's in back lockers, 400 lb mid, 1000 nose

Only run this set up with 4 or less people in the boat.

surfing

stock all full, 750 surf side full, 400 under seat, 400 in walkway, 1000 nose half full , wedge 4 clicks down

Do you have a triangle up front on top of the seats? Or do they make (or even have room) for a concealed bags?

I have the front hard tank so the triangle is on top of the seats.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I run 2 750's in the locker on top of the stock tanks using johnson reversible pumps. I then ran a line to the front bag and use a Y switch to manually change the flow of the pumps when I fill the front. The front is a W711 and it can go under the seats if only fill around 250lbs but its usually on top. For wakeboarding I fill all the stock tanks, front full and half of the rears 750's.

Edited by BlitzedVLX
  • 2 weeks later...

Not to high jack your thread, but if you install that piggy system in the rear, do you need to add some kind of support for the walls on the engine side? It don't seem them plastics will hold up to that much weight...or am i wrong?

I have a 2006 VLX. Here is how I set it up. 500 stock/750 piggyback, 500 fat sack in surf-side seat, 400 front surf side, 450 stock center, 350 stock nose. 10.6-8. Speed