Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chee Skins

5inthesun

Update to my old thread: I could not get the material I needed for the rough textured fabric. Went to 5 different Vinyl companies. They could get close, but not perfect. I was finally able to get through to Chee. I had him do a few skins for me so I could take a look at the work, etc... When I am wrong I say I am. They looked just like factory and there is no way that I could have done them or had an upholstery shop do them as good as he did.

I mean I was floored at how good they were and the colors were a perfect match. The price couldn't be beat either. Anyway I am a do it yourself kind of guy and I have reupholstered a few boats in the past, but I will not wast my time again. Chee will get any of my work going forward. I stand corrected.

Wow, Good Post. I liked my Chee skins but I don't have your experience and tend to like anything new that arrives ups or fedexp.

Chee isn't big on communication, and it's a bit concerning dealing with him a first, but like everyone says you get exact malibu match skins in 2-4 weeks at your door. There is no better route for malibu boats.

Just received my box yesterday with a couple of skins that are exact matches and look outstanding. Second time I have ordered from Chee over the years and I am still as pleased as I was the first time.

:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Skins are on and they were all easy to install. Chee left plenty of extra material for stretching the vinyl. He even sent the staple trim, which he didn't have to do. They look almost too good. Thanks to everyone on here for referring me to him.

• Like 2

Question, I also need Chee's info if someone can send it to me. My question is, I am wrapping my boat and the whole color scheme is going to change for the interior. Does anyone know if he will custom make the skins for a 1991 malibu skier with a different color scheme than the original color? I have heard nothing but praise for Chee for the most part, but I would hate to send him the HID # and get the original color which wouldn't match the new wrap.

Tried to PM you. Says you can't accept any more messages.

Hello, i'm new to this forum and have a 1987 malibu sunsetter that we just started restoring, and am looking for the best way to go about getting new upholstery for the whole boat. Seems like Chee is the way to go, i would appreciate it if i could get his contact info please,

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can you please send me Chee's contact info. I tried to get in touch with him over summer but I did not have any luck. Hoping that I will have better luck over the winter.

I just wanted to provide an update:

My experience has been much different with regards to skins thant most I have read on this website. However, my experience is still accurate and I felt you should now in case you need some new skins soon and your boat is older than 5 years.

After my experience I have decided to just do the skins myself. I will post pic's when done. Chee is not responsive at all and when he is the responses are short and it is clear to me that he doesn't want my business, or at least not for just a few skins. Maybe if it were the entire boat it would be different. Malibu doesn't keep anything beyond five years. After several e-mails back and forth with them I came to the realization that nobody knows Sh**.

I went to downtown Dallas in the hood and found some fabric shops. I was able to match the white and the graphite. However one part of the Graphite had a different texture. I had to basically tell Malibu that I would mail in a sample of my skin so they can match it. This, even though they had the interior color codes (Really)disorganized is the best way I can put it. I also have another fabric company in FL that said I could mail them a sample and they could probably match it. Anyway. I should be able to at least get some materials in a few weeks.

I will let you know how it goes. Maybe it was the holiday but it looked like it was going to be easy and has really become aggrevating. I hope others have better experiences.

Wow, my experience wasn't like that at all. Chee got the fabric for my back deck just by the serial number of my boat. He did it in a reasonable time and it matched perfectly. My 99 RLX was 13 years old at the time I did it. Maybe just lucky???

I have been waiting since August for my skins. And I cannot get him to tell me if he has started or not.

Maybe he is backed up? I don't know but good luck to all.

Salem

Edited by eyekode

Hey everyone,

I am new to the Crew. Just bought my first boat this spring, 02 Wakesetter VLX. Half of the seat cushions started tearing this summer so I need to get them redone. Can someone please PM me Chee's contact info? Or email [email protected]. Thank you in advance!!

Hey crew I am in the same boat, if someone can pm me Chees contact much appreciated. I have a vinyl repair that looked good for a few years but now looks like a faded vinyl repair

tia

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I am a new member and had a question for the Crew. I just purchased a used '14 TXi and I have to say the boat is awesome. However, it did come with a couple small cuts on the engine box and I would like to replace. It sounds like Chee does exceptional work but wondering if he'll make skins for newer boats or if it would be better to get a skin directly from Malibu?

Could someone send me a PM with Chee's contact info?

Thanks in advance for the help!