Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Truck Help

mrnate450r

Congrats! Can I ask what you paid? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one this week. Not sure if I'm getting a great deal or not. The dealer is right around 40k on a new fx4 ecoboost. Feel free to pm me if necessary.

Is that a 2013? I may be going to look after work tonight. Our dealer has an fx4 that was a demo with almost 3k miles I am hoping to get a deal on. I know now is a great time to get a deal while dealerships try to hit quota.

• Like 1

I'm curious as to what mpg I can expect when not towing with the tundra. My biggest problem with the tundra is the tiny 26 gallon tank.

Ive got 70k miles on my 5.7L Tundra and its been flawless and I run it hard.

roughly 13 city and 16-17 highway unloaded.

Towing my 8500lb barge boat I see roughly 6-9 mpgs at 70mph... depending on a lot of things. Using quality gas such as Shell... and pure gas no ethanol I see towards the upper end of all these, perhaps 1mpg better. Most pronounced is during towing.... Cheapie gas I'll see 6-7mpgs.... run that tank empty and put quality gas in and immediately you'll see 8-9 mpgs on the exact same route, exact same load, exact same speeds.

Yes, thats a legit con for the Tundra.... sucking 6-9 mpgs with only a 24gal tank.... you do NOT pass a gas station anywhere lower than 1/3 fuel level. Understand thats stopping roughly every 90-110mins for gas or so....not the end of the world.

Is that a 2013? I may be going to look after work tonight. Our dealer has an fx4 that was a demo with almost 3k miles I am hoping to get a deal on. I know now is a great time to get a deal while dealerships try to hit quota.

With the incentives on the new ones you're almost better off buying new. My dealer had a demo lariat Eco with 8k miles they wanted 39k for. Or I can get a new fx4 with every option for close to the same price. I like how they look with the painted bumpers personally.

Congrats! Can I ask what you paid? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one this week. Not sure if I'm getting a great deal or not. The dealer is right around 40k on a new fx4 ecoboost. Feel free to pm me if necessary.

39-41 loaded w/o navigation is a fair price, seems like the nav pack with sunroof adds 4k or so

By fair price, I don't mean steal it, I mean reasonable fair to both sides where you can buy and then return for good treatment. I am sure some have paid less and some pay more.

Ive got 70k miles on my 5.7L Tundra and its been flawless and I run it hard.

roughly 13 city and 16-17 highway unloaded.

Towing my 8500lb barge boat I see roughly 6-9 mpgs at 70mph... depending on a lot of things. Using quality gas such as Shell... and pure gas no ethanol I see towards the upper end of all these, perhaps 1mpg better. Most pronounced is during towing.... Cheapie gas I'll see 6-7mpgs.... run that tank empty and put quality gas in and immediately you'll see 8-9 mpgs on the exact same route, exact same load, exact same speeds.

Yes, thats a legit con for the Tundra.... sucking 6-9 mpgs with only a 24gal tank.... you do NOT pass a gas station anywhere lower than 1/3 fuel level. Understand thats stopping roughly every 90-110mins for gas or so....not the end of the world.

I appreciate the feedback. I honestly thought I was gonna go with an ecoboost but its probably gonna come down to which dealer gives me better trade in value. I usually keep my cars a long time, but if resale was a factor it would be a no brainer.

Now the Fun Part, Paying all that money and tearing off stock parts to make it your own, 4x4 Stickers...Off, Bright red Tail lights,....Off, Barley tinted drivers and passenger windows ...Darker...Wheel and Tire package..Well wife says that has to wait, Whats that saying, Friends don't let Friends drive stock...And of course, A stainless Malibu Boats Window Decal!! get-attachment64_zps30adfa81.jpg

Edited by Wakesetter67

Now that i have put 11K miles on my Explorer Sport with the ecoboost engine, I am an even bigger fan of the drivetrain. Crazy good performance and economy. Tows like a dream, very happy my 5.3 Suburban is a distant memory!

Check out Livernois Performance for their tune kits. May have to see if they want to do a Crew group buy with all the eco 3.5L owners out here!

-- Mike

• Like 3

Now the Fun Part, Paying all that money and tearing off stock parts to make it your own, 4x4 Stickers...Off, Bright red Tail lights,....Off, Barley tinted drivers and passenger windows ...Darker...Wheel and Tire package..Well wife says that has to wait, Whats that saying, Friends don't let Friends drive stock...And of course, A stainless Malibu Boats Window Decal!! Posted Image

What wheels and tires are you getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now the Fun Part, Paying all that money and tearing off stock parts to make it your own, 4x4 Stickers...Off, Bright red Tail lights,....Off, Barley tinted drivers and passenger windows ...Darker...Wheel and Tire package..Well wife says that has to wait, Whats that saying, Friends don't let Friends drive stock...And of course, A stainless Malibu Boats Window Decal!! get-attachment64_zps30adfa81.jpg

Nice truck, but . . . . .

. . . . what do you have in your Pepsi machine?

Not sure on the wheels and tires, I had some nice machined and Black Helo's on my Titian , Defiantly Something with Black...It;s the new Chrome for sure! And as for the Pepsi machine A bunch of Diet soda I'm sorry to say):

• Like 1

Hmmm. All black is not cool in Florida. All black is hot in Florida. I'm always amazed at the black vehicles with black interiors I see here, and somehow those are the people I hear complaining about the heat.

If fuel mileage is a concern.......which I know it is and was a driving factor in this purchase. Stay away from ANY aggresive treaded tire and any lift what so ever. You will loose 1 mpg or so with even a leveling kit. It exposes the underside of the vehicle to more wind drag.

I do have a set of BMF 20x9 wheels sitting in my garage. They are PVD finish (fancy acronym for chrome that doesnt peel), but could easily be powdercoated what ever color you want them.

• Like 2