Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Quoting others in responses using IE11

Bill_AirJunky

Hey guys,

The last couple days I've noticed an issue using IE 11 when I quote someone else in my response..... it just doesn't include the other person's post when I click the Quote button. The function works fine when I try it in Chrome.

I've had some other issues with IE 11 at work too. So maybe it's isolated to that particular browser. Just wondering if others are seeing it too. Maybe I'll go back to IE 10. Or just use Chrome.

Hey guys,

The last couple days I've noticed an issue using IE 11 when I quote someone else in my response..... it just doesn't include the other person's post when I click the Quote button. The function works fine when I try it in Chrome.

I've had some other issues with IE 11 at work too. So maybe it's isolated to that particular browser. Just wondering if others are seeing it too. Maybe I'll go back to IE 10. Or just use Chrome.

And I thought was just me.

Yup! Me toooooo..... i see wakegirl will look after this. As if she doent have better things to do.

You know that old joke "im working on my 2nd million.........gave up on the 1st". I think IE is like this in that they cant fix the current one, so lets just move on to a new version. I've all but given up on IE, except when I run across a website that doesnt work well with other browsers.

• Like 1

Yea, I'm not a big IE fan either. But it is the norm in Corp America.

I rolled it back to IE10 & now it's working fine.

The process is.... well, a bit of a process. If anyone else needs the same, here it is:

1. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and features
  2. Go to Windows Features and disable Internet Explorer 11
  3. Then click on Display installed updates
  4. Search for Internet explorer
  5. Right-click on Internet Explorer 11 > Uninstall
  6. Do the same with Internet Explorer 10
  7. Restart your computer
  8. Install IE10 here.

A lot of people use IE. I usually use it but I am hating IE11 (which is part of the Windows 8.1 upgrade). The quoting thing is an IE11 problem. IE10 works very well.

I don't like Fire Fox and I think it will go the way of Netscape Navigator in a couple of years. Chrome is good but also has it's annoyances.

Ok experts,

How do I delete "auto fill" entries in Chrome?

I don't want to "turn them off" I want to clear the fields so I can reset some of the order.

In FF, you just highlight the entry and push delete. No go on Chrome. Even backspace doesn't get rid of it.

Ok experts,

How do I delete "auto fill" entries in Chrome?

I don't want to "turn them off" I want to clear the fields so I can reset some of the order.

In FF, you just highlight the entry and push delete. No go on Chrome. Even backspace doesn't get rid of it.

So why did you move from FF? Now your having issues... :tease2:

You have to go into the settings either by clicking the dropdown in the top right corner or pressing ctrl+h and then clicking the settings tab on the right. I'd have to check on the computer but I believe you have to expand the advanced options at the bottom and a section should show up allowing you to change exactly which auto fill information is associated with each other

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

OK on my computer now settings > show advanced settings > scroll to passwords and forms > manage Autofill settings > then hover over them and you can click edit or just hit the x to get rid of them

hopefully that helps/is what you wanted