Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

TMC down this morning

Nitrousbird

TMC was down for a couple hours late this morning. Tried two different devices/ISP's/browsers - only site not working was TMC (timing out). I almost posted on WW about it but is back up now. Not another DDoS attack I hope.

We're keeping an eye on it. There's a possibility that a current thread (yes, I have a specific one in mind) could be the cause of a DDOS, but if that were the case it would likely be an ongoing attack. Probably just coincidence, but I'll be looking closely at the logs to see if I can glean any info. Likely not, but you never know.

• Like 1

Yeah that's it.

One other thing, if you guys see that it goes down again please let us know, you can post on our Facebook page about it (which some of you did, thank you). We'll monitor that page more frequently for a while. Because of the different time zones it can be difficult to be on & catch it at the right time. I may bump up the security a bit in the interim just to be cautious.

We're keeping an eye on it. There's a possibility that a current thread (yes, I have a specific one in mind) could be the cause of a DDOS, but if that were the case it would likely be an ongoing attack. Probably just coincidence, but I'll be looking closely at the logs to see if I can glean any info. Likely not, but you never know.

How does a specific thread become the result of an attack? Forgive my ignorance, I am just curious.

If a retailer or other unnamed business doesn't like what is said about them in the thread, they can hire someone to initiate a DDOS. Welcome to the new world, this is the new form of economic warfare.

Thats where I thought this was going. Incredible.