Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thinking of buying a Nautique

UofM_MXZ

Bama- Nobody on this site has an issue with non-malibu owners (paying or not) being active members of the site.

Great because I didn't want to have to create a different account so that could still hang out here. LoL

Please don't let this become one of the forums where other brands can't be discussed. When people have owned a problem boat they have the right to talk about it. What kind of forum would this be if you could only say positive things about Malibu? Also, not everyone lives on these forums. Just because you've heard ryan's experience a bunch of times doesn't mean everyone else has. Skip his comment you've already heard and move on, railroading a thread that's SUPPOSED to be comparing brands with a big meta-argument is fruitless and makes this community look like crap, when we should be touting how it's the best community around.

Please don't let this forum become a place we CAN'T discuss other brands. A lot of good folks here have transitioned to other boats and I enjoy hearing their feedback because they come directly from a malibu background. Who better to compare and contrast?

Shawn doggy was kind enough to share wake pictures of his MB with me when he switched along with his feedback on the gravity fill system. I wouldn't have gotten this feedback if this community ousted everyone who wanted to say something worked better than the malibu system.

I find the best kind of response you can get starts with "I owned X and Y was my experience". I think people gain more credibility the more willing they are to admit the top 3 boats are all great quality boats. Coming down on someone for providing that feedback is not right.

Edit: BS, actually someone (who i will not name) DID say they "did not understand why people who get boats of other brands still hang around here and make posts" - so actually some people *are* saying they have a problem with it.

Edited by wakeboarder3780

I don't think anyone has a problem with people discussing other brands or an issue they have had with Malibu or their dealer. What starts to get old is people that use any chance they get to rehash the same bad experience over and over again. We all want to hear about issues because they may apply to our boats/engines as well, but constant bashing of any brand just gets irritating.

Please don't let this become one of the forums where other brands can't be discussed. When people have owned a problem boat they have the right to talk about it. What kind of forum would this be if you could only say positive things about Malibu? Also, not everyone lives on these forums. Just because you've heard ryan's experience a bunch of times doesn't mean everyone else has. Skip his comment you've already heard and move on, railroading a thread that's SUPPOSED to be comparing brands with a big meta-argument is fruitless and makes this community look like crap, when we should be touting how it's the best community around.

Please don't let this forum become a place we CAN'T discuss other brands. A lot of good folks here have transitioned to other boats and I enjoy hearing their feedback because they come directly from a malibu background. Who better to compare and contrast?

Shawn doggy was kind enough to share wake pictures of his MB with me when he switched along with his feedback on the gravity fill system. I wouldn't have gotten this feedback if this community ousted everyone who wanted to say something worked better than the malibu system.

I find the best kind of response you can get starts with "I owned X and Y was my experience". I think people gain more credibility the more willing they are to admit the top 3 boats are all great quality boats. Coming down on someone for providing that feedback is not right.

Edit: BS, actually someone (who i will not name) DID say they "did not understand why people who get boats of other brands still hang around here and make posts" - so actually some people *are* saying they have a problem with it.

I agree with this. I will admit that when I first got my MC I was wearing the MC goggles, but I have really come to realize that there are differences between each manufacturer that make them unique. Each boat maker (all brands) has their strong and weak points, each maker puts out a lemon every once in a while, and both have good dealers and bad dealers. I like that we can discuss boating here and not just Malibu. I consider this place a collection of my boating friends, not just my malibu friends....

Ill go back to the 'neighborhood bar' analogy as that's the format the overwhelming majority of members prefer AND the one used repeatedly by mods.

Most people, with one ounce of common sense, understand that if that bar happens to be a Boston Red Sox bar...... That it would be a pretty douchy move to show up on a daily basis to talk about how the Red Sox suck and the NYyankees are the most perfect organization ever. MOST people understand this. A few still don't.

And sure, not every Boston fan in the bar has heard the NYyankee fan's story about how his team sucks..... But that's the great thing about this little bar; it has a "SEARCH" feature, where he can simply type in the subject he wants to hear about and.... Viola.... There it is! Some get it. Some still don't. (and BTW, saying 'not every member has heard his story' implies every member needs to hear his story.......even if it wasn't the topic they were inquiring about)

But don't characterize the 'Red Sox' fans as being intolerant, bc they simply aren't. They criticize 'their team' plenty AND they are totally fine with NYyankee fans doing the same...... just not in every conversation. If anyone doubts this just get comfortable, grab some lunch, maybe get a blanket...... and search the phrase "surfgate"

And wakeboarder.... That quote is taken completely out of context. We all know exactly what they meant.... And it was NOT that members like Bama and Shawndoggy (2 really valuable members) should discontinue their participation.

Oh and as to this comment: I find the best kind of response you can get starts with "I owned X and Y was my experience". I think people gain more credibility the more willing they are to admit the top 3 boats are all great quality boats. Coming down on someone for providing that feedback is not right. You are absolutely right. But that's not what happens. What happens is: "What do you think about brand X?" and the response is "Well, brand Y is terrible.". That is what folks/I have an issue with. If you need an example of that, just scroll back a few pages.

Edited by -BS-
  • Like 2

Ill go back to the 'neighborhood bar' analogy as that's the format the overwhelming majority of members prefer AND the one used repeatedly by mods.

Most people, with one ounce of common sense, understand that if that bar happens to be a Boston Red Sox bar...... That it would be a pretty douchy move to show up on a daily basis to talk about how the Red Sox suck and the NYyankees are the most perfect organization ever. MOST people understand this. A few still don't.

And sure, not every Boston fan in the bar has heard the NYyankee fan's story about how his team sucks..... But that's the great thing about this little bar; it has a "SEARCH" feature, where he can simply type in the subject he wants to hear about and.... Viola.... There it is! Some get it. Some don't.

But don't characterize the 'Red Sox' fans as being intolerant, bc they simply aren't. They criticize 'their team' plenty AND they are totally fine with NYyankee fans doing the same...... just not in every conversation. If anyone doubts this just, get comfortable, grab some lunch, maybe get a blanket...... and search the phrase "surfgate"

And wakeboarder.... That quote is taken completely out of context. We all know exactly what they meant.... And it was NOT that Bama and Shawndoggy (2 really valuable members) should discontinue their participation.

No I think they should search "spray gate" :whistle:

I don't have an opinion on these boats, I know nothing about them, but if you like the boat and it is a great price, buy it.

If you like the boat because it is a great price, don't buy it.

Edited by Cervelo