Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thinking of buying a Nautique

UofM_MXZ

I have time in both the sport 200 and VTX, and if I didn't want to surf would be in the sport 200. Don't like the interior of the sport 200 near as much as the VTX, but I think its a better ski boat and a comparable wakeboard boat. Only problem is it doesn't have the NSS, so you have to list to surf. Just my thoughts, but keep in mind I own a VTX. No Malibu fanboy or homer here - try to give it straight and objective.

i would like to think of my VLX as a small venture into the crossover because of the Diamond Hull. I like the style of it and interior comfort. I dislike a lot of the things I have heard about long term interior etc holding up. No personal experience with that as I have gotten new boats pretty regularly, but we would like to keep our next new boats for a while. I dislike the engine being in the center of the boat, I always have....I think it takes away from what we use the boat for....there are a lot of things I like about the 226, or the 230 etc that the malibu doesn't offer or at least doesn't have on my particular boat.

Agreed, VTX and 200 are small and don't compare to vlx or lsv as wake or surf boats, but wouldn't consider a vlx or lsv a crossover, even on the diamond hull. You're not going to take them into the course, which u can with the VTX or 200 (although they wouldn't compare to the true dd ski boats)

Yeah definitely. I am basically buying the boat to have fun in. No real agenda on sports other than it can do everything. I am not a professional at anything. I don't slalom just recreational but like to move from side to side without a large wake.

There is no vdrive in the cc lineup other than the 200 that will slalom as well as your current boat. Your current boat is more of a crossover than CC offerings. If you wnat a correct craft, I'd suggest you use your diamond VLX for crossover and get a G. If barefooting is any part of the equation then this makes even more sense. I'd even suggest looking at axis. Whatever you do, don't look at an X-14.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

i would like to think of my VLX as a small venture into the crossover because of the Diamond Hull. I like the style of it and interior comfort. I dislike a lot of the things I have heard about long term interior etc holding up. No personal experience with that as I have gotten new boats pretty regularly, but we would like to keep our next new boats for a while. I dislike the engine being in the center of the boat, I always have....I think it takes away from what we use the boat for....there are a lot of things I like about the 226, or the 230 etc that the malibu doesn't offer or at least doesn't have on my particular boat.

If you take care of your interior, don't jump on the seats leading to the rear, the interior will be fine long term. 04 sunscpae is still in teh family and it has nary a stain or tear. My only current boat is a 2005, nary a tear or seam issue. A party barge WILL be dealing with premature seam distress sooner.

85- it's well beyond a bad boat. Try failed service altogether and failed warranty. Ethics. Can you read? I could have dealt with boat issues had the dealer network and Malibu leadership been stand up folks. Nope. The last round of lies sealed the deal. Malibu did not meet my expectations.

OP wanted an assessment of Nautique as a company. I gave mine. I'm sure everyone really values yours, unbiased and current and all.

Do they call it mellow yellow?

This is my second favorite boat and boat brand...3rd place goes to Mastercraft and the X10.

Did you notice the canopy only works for the driver and the observers seat.

All I know is mine and my buddies' '11, '12 and '13s have all had porpoising issues when wake boarding and the solution seems to be no wedge and more bow weight. The thought is the boat is too small to handle the wedge at wakeboard speeds.

I'd say This is accurate ^^^.

I'll go cliff notes on this so folks dont melt into episodes. I had a 247 Malibu for 2yrs, it was a miserable nightmare from boat build quality, to dealers and to Malibu leadership. The only thing that was right was my original dealer Chessie and the boat performance when it wasnt broke down. 247 is amazing with what it can do. IMO the 247 is hands down the best surf wake and the best 23mph wake in the lineup, but thats my opinion.

Best choice for me to CC, I'm on my 2nd G23. Different mideset in Nautique and it permeates throughout the company and dealerships. No reports of refused service, hack jobs, ethics issues or any of that. A+ in every aspect. Its a Christian and faith based company, and those principles permeate all the way out thru the dealer network. CEO is fan and particpates in the sports, he has a 210 in his boathouse, he has a big famly...so he understands the passion. Cant speak for him but I think his decisions come from that perspectve vs just a business man running a company for millions. He has no parent investment company to answer to. On PlanteNautique we submit questions to the CEO, and he answers them. This last round I submitted 2 questions, and he answered both. Any customer can stop by and talk to CEO on factory tours any time.

I went on a Nautique factory tour in Aug when this G23 was being built, and got to see it being assembled on the line. I talked to the actual technician drilling my transom to install the NSS. He had worked there for 30+ years, his father retired from CC, and his father before him, 3 generations! I was blown away. My first G had 80 hours of slammed hard surfing with less than 5 cosmetic issues, worst of which were a 1" gel crack and some noise in the sound system. All covered immediately under warranty.

If you are not much interested in surfing, I would choose the 200 well ahead of the VTX. If surfing matters, say 30% or more, the VTX wins with surfgate and wedge hands down. No surf system on the 200. VTX SG surfwake is adequate by most reasonable folks.

226 has bee phased out. 210 and 230 are heavy wakeboats with NSS. they wont slollam ski well, but they will straight slam for surfing and at 23. I definitly prefer NSS over surfgate, no questions there whatsoever.

G21s are in limited production and will be at dealers within days. Initial rumors, 1 to be exact, are that the G21 beats the G23 and G25 in surfing, and nearly matches the G23 at 23mph. Still a very heavy boat, not good for skiing.

Good thing for you, you have an awesome A+ dealer there in Chessie, they sell both Malibu and Nautique, you cant go wrong with them.

STEP 1: Trash Malibu

STEP 2: Pour a huge glass of ice-cold Nautique KoolAid

STEP 3: Provide some really good advice

Do you really still wonder why people get annoyed? Really?

I didn't trash Malibu, they earned my review.

They trashed my bank account by taking my money and failing to deliver.

Sorry that hurts your ears. OP asked about Nautique as a company, he got my experience. It took a Nautique owner on a Malibu forum to let OP be aware of a know documented design flaw. Ya you and 85 give great advice.

Cheers.

I'll go cliff notes on this so folks dont melt into episodes. I had a 247 Malibu for 2yrs, it was a miserable nightmare from boat build quality, to dealers and to Malibu leadership. The only thing that was right was my original dealer Chessie and the boat performance when it wasnt broke down. 247 is amazing with what it can do. IMO the 247 is hands down the best surf wake and the best 23mph wake in the lineup, but thats my opinion.

Best choice for me to CC, I'm on my 2nd G23. Different mideset in Nautique and it permeates throughout the company and dealerships. No reports of refused service, hack jobs, ethics issues or any of that. A+ in every aspect. Its a Christian and faith based company, and those principles permeate all the way out thru the dealer network. CEO is fan and particpates in the sports, he has a 210 in his boathouse, he has a big famly...so he understands the passion. Cant speak for him but I think his decisions come from that perspectve vs just a business man running a company for millions. He has no parent investment company to answer to. On PlanteNautique we submit questions to the CEO, and he answers them. This last round I submitted 2 questions, and he answered both. Any customer can stop by and talk to CEO on factory tours any time.

If this (among dozens of your other posts) isn't the very definition of 'Fanboyism' I'm not sure what is. I'm having trouble understanding why we have a special place in our Terms of Use for this if we're not going to enforce it. Maybe the Mods can chime in?

Ryan: How many long time members have asked you repeatedly to knock it off? A dozen? What are you waiting for? A Moderator to tell you publicly that it's not appreciated?

Ya you and 85 give great advice.

This is why I love the internet so much some days. :lol:

So, let me get this straight: You bought the most expensive boat Malibu sells (as your very first towboat) and were unhappy with it. Then you bought the most expensive boat CC sells (as your second towboat) and are happy with it. That's the extent of your wakeboat experience, no? Am I missing anything?

And you're calling out 85, of all people!?! How many decades of boating experience and dozens of boats has that guy had?!?!

And me? Really? I've put well over 100 hours a season on my boats & riding (behind my and many others' boats) for the last, oh I don't know, 13 years?

Edited by -BS-

No one knows the full story of nyryans Malibu experience because he chooses not to tell it. Trust me, the guy is a class act.

I know Ryan, he is definitely a class act. I would trust Ryan with my life without a second thought. It's unfortunate that his Malibu experience reflects poorly on Malibu, but that's Malibu's problem and shame on Malibu for dropping the ball.

I know Ryan, he is definitely a class act. I would trust Ryan with my life without a second thought. It's unfortunate that his Malibu experience reflects poorly on Malibu, but that's Malibu's problem and shame on Malibu for dropping the ball.

There is no denying he had problems, we get it and he made his move to another brand, good for him. However, it might be time for him to also move his posts to that site as well if it involves hammering Malibu. Its like a broken record playing over and over, and his ownership of his 247 is not the typical Malibu experience.

I think most on this site are good about free speech and open opinions. It does reach a point when someone needs to just move on, and let the past go.

• Like 1

There is no denying he had problems, we get it and he made his move to another brand, good for him. However, it might be time for him to also move his posts to that site as well if it involves hammering Malibu. Its like a broken record playing over and over, and his ownership of his 247 is not the typical Malibu experience.

I think most on this site are good about free speech and open opinions. It does reach a point when someone needs to just move on, and let the past go.

I strongly disagree. Rather than open up a can of worms I will leave it at that.