Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help Me Get My Dumb Boat Running - Could Be a Prize

WHAT! Wait, you just figure it out (maybe) and you're running off to "Jamaica Mon". Cancel Jamaica, lets get the Bu running!

Just kidding, have fun in Jamaica. This is suspense man!

You misunderstand. Jamaica is a research trip. I am sure to find a lot of knowledgeable wrenchers down here (or was that wenches, can't remember).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BD.....TBI is a version of EFI. What skurfer wants to know is..........is your motor Throttle Body Injection (TBI) or Port Fuel Injection (PFI). PFI has 8 fuel injectors (one for each cylinder). TBI has 2 injectors and they are located on top of the throttle body. These are the most common setups.

BD.....TBI is a version of EFI. What skurfer wants to know is..........is your motor Throttle Body Injection (TBI) or Port Fuel Injection (PFI). PFI has 8 fuel injectors (one for each cylinder). TBI has 2 injectors and they are located on top of the throttle body. These are the most common setups.

Well don't tell my dad, the Chrysler Engineer; but I did not know that. I have PFI then.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are anticipating the answer like my wife waiting on the next season of her favorite TV show to start after a huge season finally.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had to do it.

Called Uncle. And that doesn't sit well. I HATE IT WHEN A STUPID MACHINE BEATS ME.

I went out to the boat three times so far this spring trying more stuff, all to no avail. Yesterday I used some more advice (a stretch, yes) that maybe it is as simple as a grounding issue and ran a cable from teh negative terminal to the block, but noooooooo.

Therefore, I am creating a postive relationship with my dealer. He told me if I had called two weeks ago, the turn around would have been 2-3 days but now it is 2-3 weeks. By then the water will be just right.

I have received some great advice from many at TMC and have had lengthy phone chats with several very knowledgeable engine guys (you know who you are -- many special thanks). But enough is enough, I need The Glass Seeker to actually be able to seek that glass, and darned soon.

Hopefully it will be a $0.50 fuse that only take them 5 minutes to find. In any event, you will finally hear the end of this story way before Fall.

Damn it!!

• Like 3

Is there still a prize? Oh, and they round that 5 minutes up to the nearest hour. $0.50 fuse? That funny!

Edited by electricjohn

Is there still a prize? Oh, and they round that 5 minutes up to the nearest hour. $0.50 fuse? That funny!

Prize?? The entry form clearly states there could be a prize, but doesn't guarantee one.

The one thing no one has mentioned. Timing chain. Hopefully not, but I'm wondering. As you crank the engine, does it sound clunky behind the circulating pump?

Good luck,

Steve B.

The one thing no one has mentioned. Timing chain. Hopefully not, but I'm wondering. As you crank the engine, does it sound clunky behind the circulating pump?

Good luck,

Steve B.

I do not think it sounds clunky or clanky. That would be an un-good thing.