Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone have pics of the Axis T22?

Jdubb16

No, it wasn't at you. It was at the continued discussion above your post. Sometimes the posts just kinda work out that way.

OK then I'll repost :lol:

Someone said earlier they thought thsi would be less than an A-22...It seems to me like demand might change those plans. a-22 is 5 years old now and would seem as if the raw build cost would even be more given more raw materials? My guess is that there could be a lot of leftover a-22's this time next year and the T-22 will go for more than planned. The gel lines even sort of mathc the new LSV.

Haha, sneaky devil.

And that's not to say that discussion of that subject isn't allowed, just go do it in its own thread & quit derailing this one.

Oh I'm done sticking up for someone whose post got taken out of context :lol:

It's hard to avoid the discussion of cost and considering the Axis line a " Value " boat. They are doing the brand a disservice. It's less expensive, but I see no value in that. Sell it for 50k, now that's Value. Do you catch my drift?

CJAY hit all my points! A 15 year loan will not put upside down with a reasonable down payment.

Could you imagine what would have happened to Malibu if we all thought like Nitrous....We will all still be buying a square window skier!

Axis is the value boat. A boat with surf gate for under 60k is what you get. Us as buyers take the prices up with all the options people WANT to have. Do you NEED a 5k wet sounds system? Pop up light, heater, etc. it's the Add ons that take the price up.

This may be a dumb question but do the towers on the Axis boats collapse? I did a quick google search but read conflicting statements. I have never seen a picture of an Axis with the tower down.

I like the idea of the T22. I never liked Axis because of the picklefork but now see a possible upgrade in this boat. I had been tossing around the idea of an 06-07 VLX with a T3 tower but those are hard to come by. The T22 will obviously be more plentiful and at the same time is much newer.

I don't care for the look of the tower. I think if I were looking for a value boat, I'd get another Vride again.

The Vride and Axis are almost night and day in styling, but I love them both and both were my final 2 contenders when I was buying. The deal breaker for me in the Vride was the bow ballast. You can not get a bow tank in the Vride series unless you break into the factory during the build and install the tank, hoses, pumps, switch and thru-hulls while everyone is gone. And then even after getting the bow tank in, your only additional bow ballast option is to throw a bow sack on your seats or hide a ton of lead in your bow and have to drive around with it that way. That was the deal breaker for me... otherwise we might be in a Vride 21 right now, as my wife liked the looks better.

The Vride and Axis are almost night and day in styling, but I love them both and both were my final 2 contenders when I was buying. The deal breaker for me in the Vride was the bow ballast. You can not get a bow tank in the Vride series unless you break into the factory during the build and install the tank, hoses, pumps, switch and thru-hulls while everyone is gone. And then even after getting the bow tank in, your only additional bow ballast option is to throw a bow sack on your seats or hide a ton of lead in your bow and have to drive around with it that way. That was the deal breaker for me... otherwise we might be in a Vride 21 right now, as my wife liked the looks better.

I agree. Bow ballast is the major draw back of the Vride.

This may be a dumb question but do the towers on the Axis boats collapse? I did a quick google search but read conflicting statements. I have never seen a picture of an Axis with the tower down.

I like the idea of the T22. I never liked Axis because of the picklefork but now see a possible upgrade in this boat. I had been tossing around the idea of an 06-07 VLX with a T3 tower but those are hard to come by. The T22 will obviously be more plentiful and at the same time is much newer.

I am looking forward to seeing the A22 in person. I have your 06VLX with T3 for sale. You buy mine I get a T22!

I am looking forward to seeing the A22 in person. I have your 06VLX with T3 for sale. You buy mine I get a T22!

Less hours and I'd be interested. At this point I am eyeing the T22 as well.