Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Curse words.

Big Jay D

This is how I see it. This is my 1,576 post I have never cursed on this site. I work in the oil patch so yes I curse every other word at work. But I am around like minded people on this site I try to respect everyone on this site and many don't curse or want to read it. So just as you respect some of the people you talk to and don't curse around do the same on this site. If your not sure about the word then why not just use another one. :cheers:

• Like 3

"In the heat of battle my father wove a tapestry of obscenities that as far as we know is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan".

I remember when I was in 5th or 6th grade. Coming home from school, walking in the door with books under my arm and lunch box in the other hand. I cradled the books under the lunch box arm to open the door. As I openend the door, down went the books, into the wet snow. "Son of a _____". And there's my dad, standing in the hallway looking at me. He actually never said a word, just gave me a glare. I've swore like a truck driver since I was in 4th grade.

But - I also know there's a time and place for everything. You don't swear around women or children, or even around guys in certain settings. This is an internet forum, and you're better off playing it safe rather than being offensive.

Edit: And it was a Planet of the Apes lunchbox. Yeah, that's right.

Since it was a POTA lunchbox, all is forgiven.

It was not made to be a jab, Jack. It is a legitimate question. If I knew what words were not allowed it WOULD make the life easier for the admin because there would be a LOT less editing going on. Not just from me either.

I am old enough to write and I would imagine that if you are old enough to buy a boat that the chances are you have handled much worse language than this forum produces.

The other issue is what you happen to deem is borderline. I watch television and hear lots of bad words. Words that you actually might use in normal day to day conversation. So are they really bad? That's my question. I can understand the use of said 'bad' word used to describe or break one of the forum rules but the way that I used both words I don't feel that the context was out of line. Thus why I asked for a list.

The other thing about the profanity rule is if a filter catches the 'bad' word and 'beeps' it out why would I get a reminder of the profanity rule? It's not like I tried to dodge the word filter by using $$ in place of SS. I read different spellings of 'bad' words all the time. $ ! @ do a fine job of spelling the word without getting filtered. And while I do respect the rules the problem is there are no rules. Is there a context rule? I'm not really offended by anything I hear anymore so my ramblings are pretty PC to me. But I also do not work in a setting where the corporate PC machine is breathing down my neck for any idiom that might be mumbled in fear of some crazy lawsuit.

So my point is simple. While Wakegirl gets to choose the words the filter catches I think a close look at the context of the word used should considered before giving a reminder of the rules that vaguely exist at all.

And you are right it is kind of petty but I feel like my use of the words I mentioned were not in the context to warrant a reminder of the rules. So I thought I would ask about the rules. Maybe I should of sent the question in a PM but I can't imagine I am the only person on this forum to wonder what the 'bad' words are after getting a reminder about the rules.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It was not my intent. The words and opinions stated by me in this and other posts is the sole responsibility of Big Jay D and has no relationship to themalibucrew as a governing body of this website, www.themalibucrew.com

:salute::thankyou:

:lol::lol::lol:

I wouldnt use TV as a baseline for whats acceptable. Last year I was watching a sitcom on prime time network tv, and one of the characters said to a waitress "Wheres my soup you stupid -female dog-". It was supposed to be funny I guess, but I wouldnt want little ones to see that kind of garbage tv, and I wouldnt want them to read that on the internet. (Even though that word is usually okay in most contexts, and its a common word. But do you want the admins to read each bad word, determine the context, then ban or not? That would be

Too much work, and a pointless waste of time. )

Just find your violated ape term and go with it. Its way more funny and entertaining anyhow.