Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
needaspeed

sunsetter surge

needaspeed

This is the vid I took of our boat. First cut out I went back full throttle and it cleans up, second time I back out of the throttle and it dies. Dealer thinks ECM Sounds similar to fuel hammer? http://youtu.be/byAjNzCjr1c

needaspeed

99 Sunseter VLX Indmar Monsoon. Fuel system is good from A to Z.

If we start out slow, it runs good at al rpms. Only does this if we "hit it" and back out. ???

Big Jay D

You can try cleaning the IDLE AIR CONTROL valve.

97corvette

That looks more like a fuel pump or clogged filter but it could be ignition, when my sportster ran rough once I found a corroded distributor cap/rotor.

jwl019

The fuel hammer issue I had was between a smaller range in RPM's, throttling up it would hit a point where rpms would not increase until a lot more throttle was given and then jump up from 1500-2200 rpms and smooth until I hit 2400 and jump to 2900.

needaspeed

Think I'll do cap rotor plugs and wires before ecm. Worth a try before I spend a fortune on an ecm. Anything special about cap rotor plugs? Regular chevy equip?

CanVLX

Check timing.

needaspeed

I took it to my "dealer" and they said they found distributor loose. Set timing at ten degrees and tightened. Didnt help.

needaspeed

I was just thinking, I remember one time it did this and died, the needles on the gauges cycled all the way clockwise and back. Like when you first turn on the key. Someone mentio ed loose battery connections maybe? Already checked, cleaned and tightened cannon plug.

RTS

Didn't you also say your dealer found a code that basically indicated your ECM was faulty? Do you have a reason to doubt their diagnosis? If the ECM is faulty, why not replace it?