Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Corvette stereo issues constantly

08 corvette boat

I have a 2008 Malibu Z06 boat and the stereo has given me issues and I'm at my wits end. I still have a warranty on the boat unitl March. I have had into the dealer multiple times and it will work for a while. The stereo is the one of the biggest features on the boat. The radio volume will turn all the way up and lock up and and none of the buttons will work on the radio or the dash stereo buttons either. Last time out I had to unlpug all the cords just to shut off. Dealer just let it "air out" last time. Any advice or similiar problems? Its is a rockford fosgate systme with 4 amps. I also want to add that that this happens all the time, not because things are getting wet. Its to the point that its embarrasing to pull up to a beach and cant even turn on the radio.

Edited by 08 corvette boat

This happened on my 09 wakesetter. And actually my dad just bought a Z06 boat yesterday. If you crawl under the passenger side and flip the little hinged piece down on the right side you can see where the stereo black box is. There is a little black connector that has two plugs in it, on my dads it was below and to the right of the stereo box. This box interfaces the stereo and the MUX switches. You can unplug those two plugs and it should stop the problems you are describing from happening. You will lose stereo controls with the mux, but who cares the controller is right above the mux switches anyways, and I don't believe it has auto volume for speed like my wakesetter with maliview. But I bet that is the problem, it cost me a 100 bucks from bakes marine and it solved all of my problems.

Thanks Bobbysky, I will try this...hopefully your dad didn't pay too much, as I have mine for sale for a reasonable price...

How did you know I had 2 previous? I had a 98 that burned up in a barn fire that I had for about 2 weeks...then I replaced it with 97 that was immaculate, I bought 08 two yrs ago off the showroom from a dealer in South Carolina and had both the 97 and this one for a while...

I actually think I'm going to buy an eliminator for my next boat...I'm right outside Chicago and looking for a bigger boat for Lake Michigan...

How did you know I had 2 previous? I had a 98 that burned up in a barn fire that I had for about 2 weeks...then I replaced it with 97 that was immaculate, I bought 08 two yrs ago off the showroom from a dealer in South Carolina and had both the 97 and this one for a while...

'cause you sent me your replacement decal set that was for the white one that burned up... (these will be going on mine this fall after the gelcoat restoration). Thanks again BTW.

Had the boat into the dealer yesterday...I sat with the mechanic and diagnosis was the infamous black box...this will be the second time it's been replaced...