Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

02 VLX Surfing 360 Landed

petefranc

I've been trying to ride away from a 360 the bulk of this season. After countless attempts I realized my foot placement was all wrong. I had my back foot too far back on the board. Because of this I was putting too much weight over the rear fin (this is my theory at least). I moved my back foot forward several inches and it made all the difference on the speed and consistency of my spins. Hope this advice helps anyone else out there working towards landing this.

Here is a video of me riding behind our '02.

http://youtu.be/vW3vwlkpohI

Edited by petefranc

What ballast setup are you running?

In this video I had less weight than usual but this is exactly what I was running in the video.

750 surf side corner

500 factory center ballast

250 in bow surf side

Wedge down

10.3 MPH

3 passengers spread evenly surf side

Typically we have an additional 250 filled on the surf side. The wave in this video still had great push and length.

I've been trying to ride away from a 360 the bulk of this season. After countless attempts I realized my foot placement was all wrong. I had my back foot too far back on the board. Because of this I was putting too much weight over the rear fin (this is my theory at least). I moved my back foot forward several inches and it made all the difference on the speed and consistency of my spins. Hope this advice helps anyone else out there working towards landing this.

Here is a video of me riding behind our '02.

http://youtu.be/vW3vwlkpohI

Congrats!! I've been trying all summer too. Have given up and am working on the wakeboard 360 though :-)