Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chee mauo contact Inforamtion

Might be a good read for everyone....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hmong_people

Pete I had them already, only so many times I can type "PM'd" I think my chee contact info PM is within 5 of the max limit in one convo.

I'm looking to buy an older boat that will likely need an interior redo. Pete, will you kindly PM me his info to please?

I got you.

For any forecoming interest can one of the 20+ members I have already given the info out, step up and PM the person.

• Like 1

I am a new owner of a 1986 Malibu Skier , I would also like to replace some of the seat skins for my boat. Can someone please send me this Chee person's information so I may contact him to order new covers ? I appreciate the help. I can be reached at [email protected] as I am not that familiar with forum procedures.

I am a new owner of a 1986 Malibu Skier , I would also like to replace some of the seat skins for my boat. Can someone please send me this Chee person's information so I may contact him to order new covers ? I appreciate the help. I can be reached at [email protected] as I am not that familiar with forum procedures.

chee 411 sent by pm

Just a heads up for everyone... I contacted Chee earlier this summer to have him make a skin for my rear seat (split at the piping from too many steps down onto it). Sent the money, got a beautiful seat skin in return.

Unfortunately, Chee was unable to get an exact match of the vinyl. Seems that the perforated vinyl used in 2003 (has all the little diamond shaped holes in it) is no longer available from the manufacturer. Chee substituted what I presume to be a later version of the vinyl used by Malibu. It is a perfect color match, just doesn't have the perforations. Also seems to be a much heavier duty vinyl - not all bad considering the location and abuse the rear seat base takes.

I sent Chee a message asking about it, he responded promptly to tell me the original vinyl is no longer available, and offered to refund my money if I wanted to send the skin back. While I'm disappointed that it isn't a perfect match, doesn't really seem that I have any choice if the original material isn't available. All things considered, I'm staying with what he sent me - awesome quality, and the colors match very well.

Not sure if this vinyl was used pre-2003, but I'm almost positive they changed to something different in 2004. Bottom line - if you have that type of vinyl, do not expect to be able to replace it.

Had an interesting experience dealing with Chee. He must be swamped most of the time.

I required a replacement motor box cover for my 2011 RLXI, kids managed to pit a cut in it.....

Initial enquiries had no response and after a few weeks of no reply seeked assistance through another crew member.

With this assistance, obtained a price & banking details with payment made in late May.

At this stage, a lot of faith is required as no direct contact had any replies, I was a little nervous being down in Australia but all the feedback from crew members was positive. Left it for 6 weeks thinking 3 weeks back log & 3 week shipping to AUST. Mid July started to send requests for a update on the order, end result, the skin arrived early August & you could not pick it from the original skin.

Quiet amazed how everything revolves around the HIN. All I needed to provide was the HIN & for good measure the year & model for reference.

All I can say is have faith, all good things come to those who wait & thanks for the assistance of the crew.

If Chee has the time to read posts, thanks for the skin & your workmanship lives up to your reputation.

Just a heads up for everyone... I contacted Chee earlier this summer to have him make a skin for my rear seat (split at the piping from too many steps down onto it). Sent the money, got a beautiful seat skin in return.

Unfortunately, Chee was unable to get an exact match of the vinyl. Seems that the perforated vinyl used in 2003 (has all the little diamond shaped holes in it) is no longer available from the manufacturer. Chee substituted what I presume to be a later version of the vinyl used by Malibu. It is a perfect color match, just doesn't have the perforations. Also seems to be a much heavier duty vinyl - not all bad considering the location and abuse the rear seat base takes.

I sent Chee a message asking about it, he responded promptly to tell me the original vinyl is no longer available, and offered to refund my money if I wanted to send the skin back. While I'm disappointed that it isn't a perfect match, doesn't really seem that I have any choice if the original material isn't available. All things considered, I'm staying with what he sent me - awesome quality, and the colors match very well.

Not sure if this vinyl was used pre-2003, but I'm almost positive they changed to something different in 2004. Bottom line - if you have that type of vinyl, do not expect to be able to replace it.

I'm running into the same problem with my skin replacements. The sample color looks like it's from the 06-08ish but not sure. Did your dimple pattern look more white then gray? Can you post or send me a pic of the finished skins?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Poor Chee is going to be overwhelmed!!

Guess I'll try him in the spring........

If someone can PM me the info, I'll try not to lose it between now and then!

Thanks

Another positive remark for Chee. Ordered a single skin. Two e-mails (second for clarification), a check in the mail and two weeks later my skin arrived. Could not have asked for a better match or quality piece. His title is Master Upholster.... Earned. Thanks again Chee.

If anyone else has chee's contact info can you please pm me it. I pm'd tricky and Pete already. Hopefully one of them sends it to me.

Thanks for sending it guys. :werule:

Can anyone provide a rough estimate for how much it costs to replace skins?? I'm looking to do it at some point over the next year or so and want to be prepared for what im getting myself into.

Can anyone provide a rough estimate for how much it costs to replace skins?? I'm looking to do it at some point over the next year or so and want to be prepared for what im getting myself into.

Just email Chee for a quote. You will find his price reasonable. Then the big box of skins arrives and they will look and feel really good. Next you can do some or all of the work yourself. I took all my interior parts out and found a place to help me install the skins on the pieces and then re installed them myself.. While the interior was out, I decided that the carpeting needed replacing, followed by taking the gas tank out and replacing fuel lines, blower hoses, exhaust hoses, exhaust elbows, exhaust manifolds, floor sections, back trunk, and so on. So, the price range in my case was pretty wide depending on what you can tie back to the original idea of just replacing skins.