Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chee mauo contact Inforamtion

Does anyone know how to contact Chee Mauo about complete boat interior skins? I have a 2006 wakesetter VLX I am going to do complete rebuild this winter. I do mean complete also, (engine, trans, carpet, upholstery, paint,). Should be fun, but need to line out supplies first. Will post before, during and after photos as it goes along.

I have it if you need it.

Chee did the skins for my entire boat. They came out better than I could have imagined and I had an experienced local upholstery shop install them.

If someone has it, I also need it as well. Have an 06 247 that needs some new skins. Please pm me the info

Edited by DQ

If someone has it, I also need it as well. Have an 06 247 that needs some new skins. Please pm me the info

Gotcha too.

how about for a 1994 Echelon lx....also, isnt he in California, i think his location is the central valley, need the contact info, had it at one point but lost it, thanks

how about for a 1994 Echelon lx....also, isnt he in California, i think his location is the central valley, need the contact info, had it at one point but lost it, thanks

Gotcha too. Mods can I post his info in the thread? Save people in future threads?

I wouldn't.

It'll show up in bot searches.

If someone needs to know, there's always someone here that knows. (like me)

I wouldn't.

It'll show up in bot searches.

If someone needs to know, there's always someone here that knows. (like me)

Does that still show up if you do it like this

"email dot address at google dot com"

Chee Mauo contact info...

If he is in California I would love to have his info as well. Thx Luv

You'll be added as well.

who REALLY is Chee? we always hear about him, but who the heck is it?

Chee is the Keyser Söze of the MaibuCrew world. :) No one has ever seen him in person. You send money into the ether and after a few weeks, vinyl skins magically appear at your door step. For all we know Chee could be a conglomeration of elves with ties to the Santa's Elves Union.

• Like 3

If the guy wanted his info posted, it would be here.

Seeing as how I have never seen a post about how someone sent Chee money and did not get what they wanted, I wouldn't worry about trying to track him down.

If you need his services, post here and you will get someone that will give you the info....

• Like 1

Just in case Chee is bored...could I please get his contact info as well!?!?! I've been putting

off getting my skins done for a year or so and now I need everything done! Ouch!!! Thanks for

the info in advance!

One more for Chee's contact info, please. I've recently acquired a '92 Euro F3. With his backlog, I'm guessing I'll need to begin the skin acquistion now for the rebuild later. My Bu came without anything for the rear seat bottom. I'll submit a separate post for the plea for dimensions and configuration of the wooden structure. Thank you.

Had an interesting experience dealing with Chee. He must be swamped most of the time.

I required a replacement motor box cover for my 2011 RLXI, kids managed to pit a cut in it.....

Initial enquiries had no response and after a few weeks of no reply seeked assistance through another crew member.

With this assistance, obtained a price & banking details with payment made in late May.

At this stage, a lot of faith is required as no direct contact had any replies, I was a little nervous being down in Australia but all the feedback from crew members was positive. Left it for 6 weeks thinking 3 weeks back log & 3 week shipping to AUST. Mid July started to send requests for a update on the order, end result, the skin arrived early August & you could not pick it from the original skin.

Quiet amazed how everything revolves around the HIN. All I needed to provide was the HIN & for good measure the year & model for reference.

All I can say is have faith, all good things come to those who wait & thanks for the assistance of the crew.

If Chee has the time to read posts, thanks for the skin & your workmanship lives up to your reputation.

• Like 3

OK, first off it is Chee Moua. Chee retired from Malibu right before the sale of the company. Chee worked in the upholstery department of Malibu pretty much forever. He works out of his house on the outskirts of Merced but I haven't actually been there. I had a friend who did take his boat there and Chee did the entire project, removal, replacement, installation. Chee is of Hmong decent, he is a fairly quiet guy. Anyone who is familiar with the Hmong culture (I have two working for me) knows they pretty much move at their own speed. I first met him at the plant in 97, I had him make a custom bow cover that matched the interior colors of my 97 Sunsetter. Chances are pretty good that Chee did the original ulpholstery in some of the older boats you guys own.

• Like 2

Just in case Chee is bored...could I please get his contact info as well!?!?! I've been putting

off getting my skins done for a year or so and now I need everything done! Ouch!!! Thanks for

the info in advance!

One more for Chee's contact info, please. I've recently acquired a '92 Euro F3. With his backlog, I'm guessing I'll need to begin the skin acquistion now for the rebuild later. My Bu came without anything for the rear seat bottom. I'll submit a separate post for the plea for dimensions and configuration of the wooden structure. Thank you.

I recently purchased a 1999 Response LX and I want to redo the seats. Can somone send me Chee's contact info please. Thanks!

PM'd