Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hands down the best wave! Details and vid inside

Alty

No. Speed will have nothing to do with 'push' (aka power)

Push/Power is a factor of displacement. More weight = more displacement.

Ahh Yes, Master BS...working on the video thing

thats a nice wave, but i think you would really benefit from the 750's bags in the back more then the bow weight. with the extra weight you will get a bigger wave and that will also lengthen it a little

and then you will be really rocking

Edited by Alty

thats a nice wave, but i think you would really benefit from the 750's bags in the back more then the bow weight. with the extra weight you will get a bigger wave and that will also lengthen it a little

and then you will be really rocking

The bow is already riding pretty high with the 550's. I am also going to play with the speed this weekend. The push and the wave is there. Maybe just lengthen the pocket a bit, or play with the wedge like you do. I really think the 750's are for the bigger boats. I will be complete with a bow sac, or I may just be being picky. I suffer from TMC syndrome. In my opinion and hands down!

It freakin worked!! Forum Guru in da haus....hands down!

Afun... why do you keep posting wave videos with no rider? Your wave really doesn't look so hot, but it's hard to tell for sure without a rider to give perspective.

Come on, bra! You want me to give you some credit, right? Step it up! ;-)

Bobby wave is really awesome, but bobby admitted in this thread that the person in the pics was little so I'm not sure why you are claiming he is over 6 feet. Second if u do t understand how the camera lens can affect things by position then I don't know what to tell ya. All that being said I feel the wave I posted isn't drastically far off from Bobby's wave and we are dialed in with no extra bags other then the plug and play option and that's what makes the malibu awesome. Last year my friends 2007 mastercraft marastar threw up an awesome wave but we had around 2000 pounds on one side of the boat and people would ask us if the boat was sinking and/or do we need to be towed

And bobby can't do this with that setup

I've ridden behind a very heavily ballasted 2013 vlx. Same boat as you. As I recall the number was 4k in total ballast. What I can tell you is that there really is no comparison between the SG boat and the listed boat. The listed boat produces a markedly better wave. You can discuss camera angles all you want, but until you've ridden a PROPERLY weighted listed VLX, 23LSV, 247LSV you won't get it.

Read: I've ridden the same boat, 2013 vlx, with 4k of ballast, and it just didn't do it for me. Given a choice, I would rather ride behind my little 2005 vride with 2500 lbs of ballast.

Early on in this thread I asked for a video featuring some aerials. The reason I asked is that helps us gauge the firmness of the wave. I am still waiting to see the aerials.....

And folks.... As a general rule..... Pics of nice clean waves mean nothing. Vids only help a little. There is so much more to a quality wave then just being big and clean.

Your so mean in all your posts IXFE. Why you gotta be so hard on me and the others.....I am not ready to put myself on video. Thats my wave and I am proud of it. Maybe a little bow weight will makes things a little nicer, but thats my wave. It works!

This is with the addition of the PNP 550 sacs, wedge 0%, 10.8 mph.

9607764591_650866fe50_b.jpg
9607764721_18c563e784_b.jpg
9607764823_39ed5704ae_b.jpg

I will on Vaca at Entiat all next week. We will have two Bu's. I will try it on both.

Actually, u will have 3 boats to test on. I'll be meeting up w ya off and on Tuesday through the weekend.

Ruffdog: I understand your experience is: "there really is no comparison between the SG boat and the listed boat. The listed boat produces a markedly better wave."

My experience with my 2009 247 is just the opposite. A leaned wake with 2600 lbs vs. a home made fin wake with 2200 lbs, all other variable exactly the same - the gated wake is better in every respect.

Maybe I just got lucky with my home made fin size and placement as opposed to how the factory surf gate works, but I can ride the boat either way any time, and I never lean the boat anymore.

Not discounting your experience, just saying it is different than mine.

nyryan. I have posted up the video where we tried to do an empirical test of the two different types of wake twice on this forum already. I am not trying to turn this back into another surfgate vs. non surfgate thread. I know some of you don't like gated wakes as well, and that's fine. Personal preference. All I can say is that with my 2009 247 I get results I and the people I ride with like better with a gate than I ever did leaning it with factory plus 2600 lbs. Your results, Bobby's results, anyone else's results have been or may be completely different. If you want the video, shoot me a pm, and I will be glad to send you the video links, pictures of the gate, or whatever you think would be helpful.

And really, I consider myself to be more hammy or homey than hommie.

No. Speed will have nothing to do with 'push' (aka power)

Push/Power is a factor of displacement. More weight = more displacement.

I don't completely agree with this. I've had more weight in the boat and had a soft wave. It was well noted because I was upset after the effort I went through to make a big wave. It was bigger and longer than usual but for whatever reason it was just soft. Followed a pretty regular placement of things too.

Or maybe I'm just confusing push and firmness because I guess it did have lots of push but it was never really hard and grabbing at the board.

The bow is already riding pretty high with the 550's. I am also going to play with the speed this weekend. The push and the wave is there. Maybe just lengthen the pocket a bit, or play with the wedge like you do. I really think the 750's are for the bigger boats. I will be complete with a bow sac, or I may just be being picky. I suffer from TMC syndrome. In my opinion and hands down!

Any takers on how long it takes until Afun steps up to 750's? 2x750's and you'll have an extra 550 for the bow? Bow weight is huge. I made the best wave yet on my VTX after 4 seasons after reading recommendations about bow weight. It firmed the wave up nice and really gave me lots of room to play and drive to the line to ...attempt...airs. Hoping to get some vids from friends so I can post my hands up best wave thread.

Your so mean in all your posts IXFE. Why you gotta be so hard on me and the others.....I am not ready to put myself on video. Thats my wave and I am proud of it. Maybe a little bow weight will makes things a little nicer, but thats my wave. It works!

Don't start taking your shirt off, its all in good fun. If I'm correct IXFE was the one who put a vid up of his "not-so-stellar" surfing (sorry if I got the wrong guy). It does help show the wave better and he got some great tips from the crew. Don't be shy Afun, do you want to sound like you know what your doing or do you want to learn how to do it. A little advice can go a long way, don't be shy, were all family by now.

Alty,

the wave looks good but I'm damn curious about your wedge and speed settings, see if you can check the calibration on those, it would help others immensely in trying to replicate it.